Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
Sully406

M.O.C. #29623
21 High Country 350BH

I recently posted about a mystery leak that is taking place about once a week located in the area under the bathroom floor which we've tried to locate by taking the panels off from the inside of the pass through area. Now we've got an even bigger issue, we came home on Saturday Sept 19th to a waterfall coming out the entry door of the camper. my wife ran in and found the sink was backfilling through the sink drain. There was no facets running, the toilet was also filled to the point of almost overflowing. I went to the tank drains and pulled all 3 levers and shut the water off. the only water that had been on was our city water connection. We took the unit in to find out what was happening and get it repaired only to be told that they pressurized the system and can't find any leaks. They also told us that there is no possible way that the grey and black tank could both fill like they had done. They basically told us we are lying about what had happened and unless we give them a cc theres nothing more they will do. We have the unit back at our property and are asking for any help in answering this mess. They didn't even try to locate the other leak I had posted about the other day that has yet too be found as well.

Sully406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:33 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Mt first reaction is yet another Thetford toilet failure. But filling the sink is unusual.

What sink was filled? The kitchen or the bathroom?

Have you verified the sink that filled does in fact drain to a separate tank? (Strange plumbing is not unheard of)

When you pulled the drain handles I assume they were all closed?

Did you notice which tank dominated the output or did pulling them all at once make it too difficult to tell?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #3
Sully406

M.O.C. #29623
Thanks for the reply I didn’t pull them one at a time. Would’ve been a great idea. The kitchen sink is the one that was filled it does go to a separate tank from the bathroom sink/shower. The bathroom sink had no water in it all all just the kitchen sink. The shower also had no water in it. However the toilet as I had said was also filled to the top but not overflowing luckily
Sully406 is offline   Reply With Quote