Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2018, 12:33 PM   #21
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
We try to stay in temperate weather but you can't always. For cold weather, I normally set the thermostat as low as possible at night or even turn it off - great sleeping and bring it up in the morning for an hour or so before we get out doing things. When its hot, we try to keep moving to either get home or higher elevation. We would look at it different if we were to full time.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:38 PM   #22
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
This is why i like traveling in the spring and fall. I love mountains so i like the Rockies in May and September and the Smokies and Ozarks in April and October.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #23
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
This is why i like traveling in the spring and fall. I love mountains so i like the Rockies in May and September and the Smokies and Ozarks in April and October.
We are on the Southern edge of the Ozarks and love it. We won't be giving up our estate when we retire. Just going to increase the time we spend on road trips....
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #24
LordKurgun
Established Member

M.O.C. #18730
Nice!!!!!!
LordKurgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The all weather package means you can freeze or roast in all weather conditions.We have had two Montanans a 06 3400 and this 13 3402. The 3402 is better insulated than the 06 3400 and the slide seals are much better.The 3400 was a sieve we could see outside at the corners. We manage to stay in moderate temps all year normally so we do not experience very cold or very hot weather.The coldest we have seen was 27 degrees in Florida for a few nights the furnace and fireplace kept us warm but the propane bill was high. Two years ago we were in Shawnee Oklahoma for a rally with a temp of 107 degrees Both A/C's running full blast kept us at 80/83 degrees and kept us from roasting. In our experience the temp comfort range is about 30ish to 80ish. No matter what the marketing none of these RV's no matter what the brand are all weather campers. However we are in our 12th year of long-timing and still having fun.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote