Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2004, 02:37 AM   #1
Montana_2670

M.O.C. #2670
lost forum request

Yesterday afternoon I posted a forum request for assistance with a 12 volt battery drain and about a co-ax receptacle. I noticed that when I posted it the little truck'n trailer icon beside the sign in changed to out but at other times yesterday and this morning it hasn't changed from the in. Could this be part of the problem that we are not accessing all the forums? I can't find my request so will restate it.
When I winterized our new Mountaineer 238 after one short week of use in October I found that after about two weeks the battery was dead. I checked all 12 volt usage and found the tv antenna booster was still on. I turned it off and recharged the battery but after another few weeks it was down to 1\3 charge. I recharged the battery and left the terminals disconnected until we are ready to head south at the end of the month. Any suggestions of where I should start to look for this drain when I get to warmer climes (we have 6" of snow and well below freezing temperatures here in the Bruce so I'm not trouble shooting today!!)?
The other question I had was about a co-ax receptacle beside the antenna booster/connection. This receptacle has two co-ax outlets joined by a short loop of co-ax cable. What is it? (someone said it was for a vcr hookup but it doesn't seem reasonable because there is no indication of which goes to the tv, or do they both go back?)
Ted

Montana_2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:45 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
E-Gr Hauler,
Your post is still there. Here is a link to it...12 volt drain and co-ax outlet
It was posted in the "Montana Problems & Technical Help" category. At this point there are 8 replys.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:47 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
if you look closely this post is in the wrong forum. So Admin has probably moved it to another forum. This post will probably be moved also. Whoever moves it should send you an e-mail as long as your anti-spam features don't prevent it.

If you cannot see where it has been moved to e-mail one of the moderators. Try

rvbuddy@earthlink.net

Make sure your anti-spam is set to receive the mail. Also give your operating system.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:01 AM   #4
Montana_2670

M.O.C. #2670
Thanks Tom and Betty and Glenn and Lorraine, I have accessed my former request and resolved the problem of not accessing all forums by following Lady RV's suggestions re Internet Explorer. The access icon now changes and everything is available.
Ted
Montana_2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Good Show. Unfortunately there are a lot of members that can't really get on the forum because of the cookie problem. On other forums such as Good Sam, I am constantly telling members how to get on this forum. They sign in and don't see much so they leave and don't come back. As a result not all of our members participate.

Glad you made it on.

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote