Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
Antifreeze -how did it get there

Trying to winterize our 2008 3075 unit and have it a snag.

Everything has been drained and I have blown the lines out with air so I feel safe but wanted to add some antifreeze in case I missed an area.

The water heater is drained and put on by-pass. Water flow is valve is in normal flow not tank fill.The winterize valve is switched to the winterize position. Put the hose on the winterguard inlet and into the antifreeze jug. opened a faucet and turned on the pump (runs fine). Nothing happens with regard to drawing antifreeze from the jug.

After reading previous posts thought maybe no pump prime so I put a funnel on the hose and poured antifreeze into it. Turned the pump on and antifreeze goes somewhere into the system. Whole gallon added. Nothing comes out of the faucet and after checking the pump there is no pink fluid in it.

Went back to the water tank drain and opened it. Viola, pink stuff. But how did it get there? I am totally out of ideas and any help would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Dean Nelson

DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Dean, you may have a bad check valve on the output of the water heater allowing the antifreeze back into it, or your bypass isn't really bypassing.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
Thanks Bob,

I was wondering if maybe there was a plumbing problem from the factory so that the bypass is incorrect. In that tangle of pipes I am not sure what to look for as a potential problem place.

I should have been more specific in first post, the tank with the antifreeze is the fresh water tank not the water heater.

Dean
DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
It sounds as if you used the wrong line to suction the a/freeze into the system...you may have used the wrong side of the pump too..
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote