Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2006, 06:57 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Stero stuff

As some of you know, our stero (was a Sharp), kinda died, the CD player jammed and would not even give us our CD's back. This happened the week after our Telie died in Texas in February of 2005.

Al has been looking for something new, look a bit here and there, etc. etc. etc. He never found anything that pleased him, so we have done without. This week while I researched in Ft. Wayne, he went shopping. He found a replacement, another Sharp, which is a bit smaller with new capabilities.

While reading some of the info that came with it, he came across this warning:

Do not leave a CD in this unit, when transporting.

Yep, you guessed it, we had been leaving a CD in the old unit. So, we figure we damaged the CD player by doing so.

Just thought I would mention this, so you can decide for yourself what precautions you may want to take in your own units

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
About 6 months ago we came back from a trip to Oregon and I had left three CD's in our Sharp stereo/player. Yep, you guessed it...when we got home I couldn't get the CD tray to open. After several attempts I pulled the stereo unit out of the cabinet and was able to remove the cover and gain access to the CD tray. Sure enough, the CD's had jumbled around and were out of the slots in the tray where they should be which caused the unit to jam. Fortunately the CD player wasn't damaged but the CD's were ruined. Lesson learned...we now remove the CD's before we hit the road.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Your comments made me realize the "obvious". These are home units not mobile. So if I wanted to leave the CDs in full time I need to get the Car type CD changer unit like Panasonic or Kenwood. Now that raises the good question will a mobile changer work with a home unit?
Good luck and thanks for reminding me of the obvious because I did the same thing not thinking.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:14 AM   #4
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:will a mobile changer work with a home unit?
I expect you could use the amplifier from a home unit for a mobile but your mobile would need tie into 12v power.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:47 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 315RLS

Quote:
quote:will a mobile changer work with a home unit?
I expect you could use the amplifier from a home unit for a mobile but your mobile would need tie into 12v power.
or just use a 110V to 12V converter like this:

http://www.goelectronic.com/Merchant...SIMA%20SPC-12V
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote