Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
DVD player/Radio in Mountaineer

We have the 2006 329RLS Mountaineer. We were informed that we have the upgraded dvd/radio(Memorex)in our fifth wheel. We cannot get the radio to work. It appears that the antenna for radio is simply laying across the back of the shelf. The dvd part of the system seems to work ok, but it is very user unfriendly. Any ideas short of
replacing the entire system? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sandy

slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
I too have the memorex,not getting AM or FM not even with the booster antenna but it sure beats the h--l out of the old radios. Just use it for a while I like mine very much. As for the radio you cant beat a sony boom box,you can take it with you any where you go and it doesn't take much room in your unit I know,I full time.
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
It might be worth looking into installing XM Radio's home stereo set-up. Though I am not sure how good that antenna would be, over the stuff that comes with these rigs' equipment.

My Monty came with a Quest 1000. It got ZERO reception, save a couple PBS and maybe a Christian or two station that I seem to be able to receive on the 1/2 time oven, without effort.

When I installed a Sony Home Theater System, I was able to pull a couple more stations out of the ether, using the wire antenna that it comes with, instead of that coax thing that came with the Quest, for FM. Haven’t tried much for AM, yet, though. It’s still not as good as the TV's AM/FMradio can receive. (I only bought that XM option to get the remote control to use in my TV.)

I do believe that you'd need to install an exterior antenna to guarantee reception. I haven't even tried the XM home system, yet because I'm still enjoying DirecTV, and don't feel the need to receive much radio. I suspect the aluminum framing on this Monty would tend to impeded reception, unless I sling it through the window and hang it outside.

Think of that stereo like having one inside a tin-foil hat.

Steve

Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote