Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
If you have a 3400 with a fireplace please read.

I am trying to register our warranty on our fireplace with Dimplex.

I can't find a model number, serial number etc. Does anyone know what model the fireplaces are?

Thanks,
Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Colleen
If you can hang on for about a week, I'll get you the info. I registered mine on line and the Monty is out in front at the curb not level do I can't open slides. We are taking off again so didn't put it in its spot beside the house. All the warranty stuff is in a big book in the overhead over the table.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Sue,

That would be great if you could give me the information. I have done everything except pull the thing out of the wall.

Glad to see that you are going back out for some more Monty time.

If anyone else sees this before Sue gets back on the road I would love your info.

Thanks,
Colleen
Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Colleen, are those numbers on any paperwork that came with the Monty/fireplace? Not often, but sometimes...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
If you can't find the paperwork that has any numbers on it, (a likely possibility,) you'll have to yank it out to read the stickers on it.

It's not all that hard to get out, once you pry those wooden plugs out of those holes on the facia. (I drilled small holes in mine and used a jewelers screwdriver to pry them out. I thought that prying them from their sides might scar them up badly.)

I've had mine out a lot because I've had the TV in and out several times. I have yet to record the numbers. Keystone's warranty, (unregistered,) changed the one that had a noisy motor, and this one's been solid for almost a year, now.

Good Luck!
Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #6
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Dave,

The manual doesn't have any numbers on it at all. All of the paperwork was in a plastic sleeve with a registration form in three languages, but no model number etc. When you go to the website it asks you for your type of furnace. Lots of them on the website and then it asks for the model number. I guess I will be calling my salesman and seeing if he knows his stuff if I can't find an answer here on the boards. Since the people here seem to know more than the people that sell them I thought I would ask here first.

Most of the manuals tell you where to find your serial numbers. This on just says go to the website or on the paper part it ask your model number. Word of wisdom, on our stove it asks when the date of installation was. On the work order tag that came in my packet it said 3/27/06. I entered that date and Maytag took that date for the initial date. It didn't give me the option to put in that I bought the Monty on 6/6/06, so my warranty starts on 3/27/06 and end 3/27/07 even though I didn't buy it until June.

Steve,

I won't be pulling that thing out. I would rather take it back to the dealer and ask them to find the model number. Of course I haven't hooked up the Monty yet so it might be easier to get hubby to pull the thing out..... well maybe not. Now might be the time to learn how to hook the thing up and tow it. Of course he might be having a heart attack while I am trying to do all of this.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Driftwoodgal

... Word of wisdom, on our stove it asks when the date of installation was. On the work order tag that came in my packet it said 3/27/06. I entered that date and Maytag took that date for the initial date. It didn't give me the option to put in that I bought the Monty on 6/6/06, so my warranty starts on 3/27/06 and end 3/27/07 even though I didn't buy it until June...
I believe that would be a "negotiable item", there, Colleen. There's no way they can do that. Just show them a copy of your "Paid Invoice" of your 3400 from the dealer. That's the day you bought the 3400, the stove, fridge, microwave, carpeting, all inclusive.

I have a problem with this kind of consumer ripoff mentality. Maybe I misunderstood your post, Colleen. But at least it felt good to get that off my chest...
Old 07-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Guess I need to go back and thank my dealer. When I came to do my PDI and pick up the coach, they had all the warranty paper work filled out with all the info needed, even included the stamp to mail. All I had to do was fill out the address. Just another reason I am sure glad I do business with my dealer... =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:05 AM   #9
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Dealer did all mine when we bought the unit. After about month got info back from all appliances etc that were covered under mfg warranty.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #10
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I bought a plan that was very reasonable that gives 5 full years coverage for every appliance in the coach and that is why I got the Splendide washer /dryer put in before I picked up the unit.
It is now covered as well. It is ridiculous how much Dometic wants just to extend the fridge coverage and a few years back , the computer board in these fridges could cost a small fortune so you do like to have the coverage.
My dealer also took care of all warranty registration.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:51 AM   #11
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
The dealer registered the Monty with Keystone, just not the appliances with each vendor. I haven't talked to the salesman he, he was off yesterday. Things might already be taken care of but my Dometic cards were in with the manuals.

Montana Sky,

Are you saying that they had ever warranty card filled out with a stamp on them? Does that include the 1/2 time oven and your hot water heater as well as the smoke detector and the carbon alert?

Wrenchtraveller,

I will be buying an extended warranty about 9 months from now. After reading posts I realized that I would be losing out a free year if I bought the extended warranty when we signed papers. The first year is covered by Keystone so no need for an additional policy until we get closer to the one year ownership date.

But I still need an answer to the original question. Does anyone know the model number on the fireplace. Sue, I know you will help me out when you can.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:07 AM   #12
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Cheryl just reminded me that when we met with our dealer, that was on of the things he mentioned. He will take care of sending in ALL warranties to the respective companies, then he'll give us copies for our files.

Colleen, are you sure your dealer didn't already do this?