Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Red Key

OK, the Blue Coiled hose issue has been resolved. For those of you just joining it has been determined that the blue coiled hose is used to pressure wash the nose section, double as a outside shower, if properly pressured serves as a FM antenna, sucks antifreeze for winterizing, can air your tires up with pressured water, plug into the coffee pot for expresso and many other uses to numerous to mention. Keystone was very ingenious about this added feature. Too bad they forgot to tell the dealerships.
Now for the next big question for those of you still following along.
The docking bay BIG RED KEY. Now my salesman said that was used to start the generator...HMMM my unit doesn't have a generator, the service rep at the PDI said that it was used to turn every thing off from the docking bay. So here we go - new mystery - even though it is labeled battery disconnect - service rep said that it was labeled wrong and Keystone would be changing label in future models.
So....what have you been told?

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Well, my dealer told me the BIG RED KEY was to disconnect the battery ...that was what he told me. ???
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
OH NO???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Phill

I believe it is labeled correctly, it is a battery disconnect. You could test it, leave the battery on, unplug your electric cord from shore power and see how long your 12 volt lights keep working, average is less than 7 days. When you cannot turn on the 12 volt lights any more you will have a dead battery, cause of all the little draws, like the flashlight, CO detector and little light in the frig and other fun stuff Keystone gives us.

Sorry, think your service rep is wired wrong on this one. (Small play on words there, did ya notice?? )

Then again, we have the distince possibility you are just pulling our chains, errr, would that be keys??

The dealerships are usually the last to know, Keystone knows first, then MOC knows. (snicker)
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
So CountryGuy you are trying to tell me that by turning that little red key then it will disconnect my battery? You mean I have a battery? Where is the generator to charge the battery? If the battery runs my lights then why do I need shore power? This is all so very confusing. Wait a minute, I do remember him saying that you plug in the electrical cord to watch TV. Sooooo, I plug in the electric cord that weighes 75 pounds, turn off red key and watch TV. Are you sure that red key don't have something to do with the generator. What good is a battery if you can't charge it back up. Richfaa - you just got a new one - what good is your red key? Did you put it on your keyring?
Old 04-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
If you go back to the "Blue Coiled Hose" thread, there is picture of the BCH and in the same picture you can see the BRK inserted in the master switch for the 12v DC power supply. (Nothing to do with TV watching - but I think we have tounges planted in cheeks here).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I want a Big Red Key! See, I bought my 2006 too early.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am going to visit our 3400 at the dealer in the AM.I will interrogate him on the Blue coiled hose and.... The Red Key..I've got it..The Red key disconnects the blue coiled hose////
Old 04-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #9
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Thanks Rich, I knew with the attention to detail that you have that you will get a rock solid answer for all this confusing stuff they are putting on Monty's these days. And if the dealer doesn't satisfy your answer or seems some what confused - make him call Keystone right there on the spot.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:45 AM   #10
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189

Does the 06 models still have hiddy holes and thinges?
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Red Key???? We didn't get a red key! I will have to wait until Don gets home from work to ask him if we have a red key.
Almost every day I have something new to ask him or tell him from MOC post.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:20 AM   #12
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rlwhit

Does the 06 models still have hiddy holes and thinges?
Oh no, now I have to go look for Hiddy holes and thinges. I have got to have them. I truly believe that Keystone is putting all this extra stuff on the new models to raise our status so we are not considered "trailer trash" but more of the elete class of "trailer bums" because we have all the fancy stuff.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:54 AM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
But not all of the models had Hiddy holes and thinges. Our 3400 has no Hiddy holes but we do have a pointy thingee in the drop down drawer under the sink that was a mystery. Are they still there?
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #14
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
We have two hiddy holes in our monty, But I cant tell you where they are. If I did that they whould'nt be hiddy holes????????LOL
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:13 AM   #15
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Hey Dano! I thought we only had one hiddy hole? Where's the other one? Wait a minute - what do you have stashed in there? LOL

Do we have a Big Red Key?
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #16
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
Hey Lisa, what are you doing on the MOC. I thought your supposed be working. Now get off the computer and sell some tile.

And dont worry about that other hiddy hole.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #17
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
We have two hiddy holes in our 2006 2955RL too. I thought they were supersecret and only for us. DANG!!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #18
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Rich - the pressure is on you now. I checked when I got home from work and I have two hiddy holes and 1 hiddy thingey. I am thinking the Red Key might have something to do with these hiddey holes and hiddy thingey.
So in fact Keystone is trying to start a separate class. Separating the trailer trash from the trailer bums - the haves and have nots. If you have a blue coil hose, red key and hiddy thingeys you are in. You are heads above the rest of them Montana owners. Be proud - stick out your chest and brag a little bit.
By the way how did those diesel stinking bohemouths with bed rooms and elevators get to be called class A's anyway and we are just lowly 5vers. I protest that rating and all Montana 5vers should be called class AA's. But I guess that is a topic for another discussion. "Class Ratings".
Old 04-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #19
joe2speed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1268
Well thats it, for me. I'm getting rid of my monty. I didn't get a red key or a blue coil hose.
joe2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I saw the two hiddy holes today and the cheese box that is called a "safe" but do not know about a hiddy thingey.We also are proud owners of a blue coiled hose and the Red key. I turned the red key and one of the recliners ejected through the roof..Opps Helen, I'll bet that will leave a mark..