Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Montana_462
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #462
Slides Stick

Its been awhile since I've been here and I know this issue has been addressed before but I can't seem to locate it. When I am retracting my slides, (I have the 3655FL), the back slide will only retract about half way. I release the switch for about 45 seconds or so and push the switch again and it normally goes the rest of the way in. Sometimes I may have to go through that process several times before I get the slides all the way retracted. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Montana_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Either your slides need lubing or the auto-resetting breaker is too small or defective are the most common causes.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #3
Montana_462
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #462
Thanks, it must be the breaker, I make sure the slides are well lubed. Is the auto-resetting breaker for the slides in the main panel or is in a different location?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:45 AM   #4
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
There is a recent thread by the name of circuit breakers. A lot of good info on this subject. We are having the same problem.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:09 AM   #5
Montana_462
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #462
Thanks, I'll check it out there!
Old 07-31-2005, 02:57 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ed and Sandy, in case you don't find that thread, the breaker is near the slide pump in the front locker.

Some Montanas (including ours) came with breakers too small. If you are still in warranty ask your dealer to ask Keystone or call Keystone Customer Service yourself and ask. They'll need the VIN off your Montana. The customer service number is (574) 535-2100.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:03 AM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Steve -

I assume they fixed this on the newer models? You are always a wealth of information. By the way, how was Yellowstone this summer? We ended up going to Steamboat Springs area for a week and had a great time hiking and doing the Hot Springs in the area. Then we spent a week on our lot in Colorado (first time ever). Had a relaxing time but would have liked to run into you in Yellowstone. Maybe next summer.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #8
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
just a quick question....you list as a 2004 3655 ???? is it really a 3685 or is the year wrong. I know the switched from the 3655 to the 3685 in 2004.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
rames14, Steve can speak for himself and there is probably no need for me to step in here, but it is my understanding that Steve will be in Yellowstone in AUGUST. We were just in Yellowstone in July, staying in Red Rock, the same park where Steve will be staying.

On the way we stayed near Hayden, CO in the Yampa River State Park, west of Steamboat Springs. It was just an overnight for us and we did not wish to join the crowds we saw in SS.

For us Yellowstone was somewhat of a disappointment because we were comparing it with romantic memories of earlier visits. The fires have left their mark over much of the western areas of the park. It was also hot and dry, not as we remember it from the past. The greatest disappointment was in the structures at Mammoth Hot Springs. We remember them from earlier visits as being wet and glistening. On this trip we found almost all of them dry and chalky.

We enjoyed most the eastern drive from Yellowstone Lake to the Canyon Village. It was very nearly as we remembered it from past visits.

I had promised NOT to make any negative comments, but as I thought of answering your question, somehow honesty made me violate that promise. And, in fact, the question was not to me at all...

Should have kept my mouth shut..... OR just not hit this button below which says "Post New Reply"....?????
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ron, I don't know if it's been corrected on newer models but would sure think so. I don't think it was a problem with all models anyhow. I remember the dealer saying Keystone said the problem was the 3295RK has big, heavy slides that tax the system and the standard breaker is not big enough.

As Padre mentioned, we won't be in Yellowstone until 8/15. We're still near Glacier until 8/14. One of these days we'll be in the same place, same time again. Thanks for the nice words, though, although 'wealth' is probably a bit of a stretch. Much of what I've learned I've learned right here from all of you.

Padre, no problem. You and everyone else are welcome to jump in any time you have something to add. I know I tend to jump in when I probably should wait awhile. One of my many weaknesses.