Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
applejack
Established Member

M.O.C. #702
City Water Fill Checkvalve

My city water checkvalve is dripping when the water system is pressured up with the pump. I believe that I need to replace the entire water fill and city water connection plate. Has anyone done this? Is there enough slack in the hoses to do the switch from the outside or do I have to take apart the built up corner from the inside ?

applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
The valve is installed into the plate with a big nut at the rear. On mine, I can remove the furnace grill and get at it. Remove one clamp, pull off the hose and it comes right out. Not a big job.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:55 AM   #3
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
It might be that your o ring is just out of place. If the o ring is not damaged you can just put it back together. I have had to do that before.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #4
applejack
Established Member

M.O.C. #702
My unit is a 2004 2980 with the water filler on the drivers side rear my furnace is curbside near the entry door, middle of the unit .
Ronstan how did you get the o-ring back in ? Looks like you would need to take it apart ?
Old 02-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
I replaced ours just remove screws pull plate off their is slack in the hose remove hose clamp.You will than have to caulk. 10 min job
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #6
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
I had to replace ours on the 2750RK. Access was gained from inside the trailer through one of the cupboards. I was able to just buy the connection that came through the plate. It was held inplace by simple clip on the back of the plate.

My connection was plastic and the threads stripped after a couple of years. I replaced it with one that had a metal connection. When we ordered a 2005 Montana the first thing I checked was whether the hose connector was metal. It was...
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #7
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I wish my trailer was here. It is in storage till end of March. But I remember pulling it apart but don't know if I could do it from the outside or took the outer cover off. It wasn't all that hard. I know I screwed it up again when I winterized as there was pressure on it when I pushed the little white pin in and then that messes up the o ring. Maybe somebody else has done this and will say how.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Likewise, I did it on our 2880RL but don't remember exactly how to remove it. I think there was a couple of screws, then just pry the whole thing from it's caulking. Be sure to scrape the caulking and recaulk when done. On ours there was not much slack in the hoses and I had a devil of a time getting the hoses and clamps back in place. But it was doable on ours.

If you happen to have a 3295RK prior to '05 you can access the backside of that plate and all the hose connections from the water pump compartment in the bottom of the curio cabinet. The '05 doesn't have the curio cabinet so I don't know how this works on the new model.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:48 AM   #9
applejack
Established Member

M.O.C. #702
There should be 3 hose connections behind the plate ... one for the city water, one for the freash water fill and one for the tank air vent. There is a small box at floor level that is carpeted on the inside of the trailer that covers these hoses. I cannot seem to find any screws to remove a section of the box to gain access to the back of the plate.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:54 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Applejack, I'm not familiar with that particular setup but do know that in the carpeted step to the upstairs on our rig there are screws in the corner. They are very difficult to locate. I just had to really work my fingers around in the corners of the step to find them. I'd bet yours has screws there somewhere.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #11
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I was talking to the better half and telling her about the valve. She remembers when that happened and we were camping at our city park. I called the dealer and talked to the service person and they told me how to fix it. I know it only took about 10 minutes. Might call your dealer and see what they say.