Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Sealand Toilet water valve noise

Our Sealand toilet seems very noisy when the water supply valve closes.
When you let up on the pedal, there is loud "clunk" as the valve slams shut. This sets up a water hammer that rattles the whole trailer. My wife is convinced we wake up the entire campground when we use it at night.

I called Sealand today, and while the offered the seal kit to cure the bowl leakage problem, they could not offer much about the noise EXCEPT that they say it is only designed for 40 psi, and that I should use a regulator. I pointed out that even Camping World's regulators are pre-set for 45 psi. to which she suggested trying a plumbing supply store.

Now as it happens I do have an adjustable regulator, and dropping the pressure to 40 psi does help the noise, (I had been running 50 psi) but I have never before heard of this 40 psi limit on the Sealand toilet, and it is not mentioned in the manual supplied with the toilet.

Does anyone else have a noise issue with their Sealand Toilet, especially when operating at pressures over 40 psi.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are well over just under 60psi , high flow regulator and have no problem
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
John,

I had the same problem the first time I took Monty out for the season this year. After all the air was gone out of the system, the klunk went away. Maybe you will find the same thing.

EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote