Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Audiovox Flashlight

I know I read somewhere in the forum that people have had to replace the batteries for this stairway flashlight. I tried "search" but to know avail. So if you replaced the batteries where did you find them?
Tried Best Buy and Radio Shack, no luck. This really is a very handy flashlight by the stairway, hate to throw it away. Maybe there is another make of the same type of flashlight?

syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
mixperl
Established Member

M.O.C. #4489
Hi SY, went thru same ordeal at the electronics stores, no luck with the batteries. Finally contacted a Montana dealer, and they had the original Audiovox flashlight in stock for 13$ Got that and saved the hassle. mick
mixperl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Try Interstate battery's web site. There is about every battery imaginable.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
John & Marianne,

I replaced the battery in our flashlight after using it for about three years. I opened the flashlight and removed the battery and took it to my local Radio Shack. I replaced it with a cordless phone battery that had the same voltage rating but had a higher amp/hour rating. The new battery was two cells enclosed in a plastic cover. I removed the plastic cover and that allowed me to arrange the cells in the flashlight so they would fit. The higher amp/hour rating means the flashlight can be used for longer periods before it dies. I have also replaced the bulb as the one in the falshlight finally failed. I used a standard bulb for a two cell flashlight.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Again, superior knowledge has come to the rescue. Thanks guys will see what I can do.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote