Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #21
VagabondLove
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27665
I do not have the MorRyde steps, but always wondered: When you pull into a rest area and are parked 2 feet away from the 18 wheelers, isn't it almost impossible to get the steps out? Aren't you worried that the next truck will take out the steps? I prefer the fold under the door ones from my 2013. I do not need to pull them out to get into the RV during a pit stop, and they are always level :-)

FlexArmor roof 2021, Starlink
VagabondLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:43 PM   #22
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
I do not like the Moryde steps. The ones that raise into the doorway. The level system often levels the trailer too low for the steps to operate. I have already damaged the door because of them. My question is what else is available? Possibly the old style fold under steps.
Are you sure you don't have another problem. Right now I am on one of the rare flat sites we have ever been on and my front and mid jacks are 8" off the ground. Even at that height I have 4 adjuster holes visible on the stairs. I have been on a site where the front jack had to be buried below level and the front stair leg was at no holes showing while the back was at 2 IIRC.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:44 PM   #23
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by VagabondLove View Post
... are parked 2 feet away from the 18 wheelers,...
It doesn't matter where you park, what kind of steps you have, or how far out your slides can extract, you always have to be sure you have enough room on each side of the camper to accommodate these distances. Parking lots are no exception.

We've never had problems with our steps being parked too close to a semi, because I just do not park that close. If the steps are down, and a semi pulls in beside us, well ... so far, we've never been hit.

When we first got the camper I attached glow in the dark red and white automotive reflecive tape on both sides of both sets of steps. I also attached a drive way marker for a little added visibility. Especially since we have a door on the opposite site, I wanted to make sure traffic had a good visual queue that something was sticking out the side of the trailer (both sides).

I then added the same reflective tape to the slide outs. The camper gets lots of attention, but no one driving by it has ever hit it.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:47 PM   #24
Todd727
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19394
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
I do not like the Moryde steps. The ones that raise into the doorway. The level system often levels the trailer too low for the steps to operate. I have already damaged the door because of them. My question is what else is available? Possibly the old style fold under steps.

Interesting, my problem has always been the opposite. Trailer is too high for the steps to reach the ground, even with the feet fully extended.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:10 PM   #25
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd727 View Post
Interesting, my problem has always been the opposite. Trailer is too high for the steps to reach the ground, even with the feet fully extended.
I wonder if you both don't have the same problem, that being neither one of you has zeroed out the height off the ground the auto level goes for. In other words, manually raise lower your jacks to gety the stairs working correctly and of course the rig level, then do the 'set auto level' procedure documented in the files under Systems the manual name is LCI Level-Up Users Manual. Zero Point Calibration on page 9. My jacks extend about 8" when on level ground and the stair adjusters are maybe 1/2 way, I can't get at them with the deck in the way but it is 4 holes showing. Set up properly, they are rock solid, way better than the old style.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #26
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
I carry a small hand shovel to handle that issue. I do love the stability and the optional handrail. My downside is getting into the trailer when it's stored - usually don't have room to lower the steps.
StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:43 AM   #27
Saylorolsonmontana

M.O.C. #30458
MORryde StepAbove steps

We had an issue with our steps not wanting to pull down. We have a 2021 383th Montana High Country. Has anyone had any issues with getting the steps to pull down? Ours have pistons on the right side of the steps looking out of the trailer.
When trying to pull down the side with the pistons cut into the vinyl flooring. ��
Saylorolsonmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #28
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
We have a 2020 381TH and have no issue with the steps. I built a step out of 2 2 X6's and deck boards. Sometimes the first step is a little high for me, so I use the wood step to help out. I also added the handle to ours, it is mush better then the old foldout steps. Makes a world of difference for people with mobility issues.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #29
Saylorolsonmontana

M.O.C. #30458
Thank you for your reply. Our issue is the steps fold up into the trailer and then you shut the door. When we got to our next Rv site and opened the door then grabbed the steps to fold down and they wouldn’t budge. Since then we have contacted MORryde since these are still under warranty.
Saylorolsonmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:12 AM   #30
Hit The Road
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27454
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
I put a 5 step set of Glo Step Revolution on our 3160, as the 4 stepper was at it's limits 90% of the time. They present the same problem as the Morryde fold outs by needing space to the side to deploy BUT they stow in the same spot as our old fold up steps. VERY solid. Very happy.

Mark
Can I ask Sir, how far out from your trailer do your steps extend? We are looking into those also and want to gain more of a slope for our short leg puppies. Any info would be appreciated!
B&W 20k companion hitch
Hit The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:19 AM   #31
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit The Road View Post
Can I ask Sir, how far out from your trailer do your steps extend? We are looking into those also and want to gain more of a slope for our short leg puppies. Any info would be appreciated!

Trailer is in the shed, but 5 steps being 8" wide would be around 40"
MARK A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:03 AM   #32
Hit The Road
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27454
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
Trailer is in the shed, but 5 steps being 8" wide would be around 40"
Thank you!
Hit The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:01 PM   #33
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Also I think the Glo steps have an optional extra step that can fold under so can have one less step in tight places. Don't remember if it was a 4/5 step or a 3/4 step thing tho (and too lazy to look).

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote