Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
madeforeachother
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6748
Replacement furniture for 3711FL

We have a 2016 Montana 3711FL and our drivers side living room couch, corner couch, and recliner’s so called leather fabric is completely shot. We have been in contact with Lippert who supplies Keystone with the furniture but they cannot help us unless they have the furniture part numbers. After many calls to Keystone and searching our current furniture for part numbers (no labels on all pieces ), we still have no answers. Our 2016 3711FL has a long slide on the driver’s side and the trifold sleeper sofa is attached to a corner couch which is then attached to the recliner that is on rollers and retracts and extends when the slide is activated. Does anyone have the same front living model and furniture part numbers or a new arrangement of furniture in that area in mind? Thank you for all your suggestions, Tom + Joyce.

madeforeachother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #2
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
We have the same year and model. Neither Lippert not Keystone will help you. The furnishings, especially the corner piece, are custom, and Keystone changed the configuration, I think, in 2018.

We reupholstered the two couches with microfiber material. I had to fabricate a left-hand arm for the longer piece where it had attached to the L-unit. The L-unit and its partially attached recliner went in the trash. I fabricated a corner storage box with a cushion on top that sits on the slide, and we bought two smallish recliners that can be easily moved around for travel.

We have an advantage because I'm a woodworker, and both spouse and I know how to sew, we have the necessary tools and the time. Paying someone else to reupholster the two couches is very pricey because of the extensive labor required. I don't have a photo of the finished job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210119_173209.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	9433  
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:04 AM   #3
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Take measurements of the space(s) you want replacement furniture and go shopping at your favorite furniture store for what ever you want. It doesn't have to be "RV" furniture.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:20 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Agree, we have replaced furniture on our last two units, from local furniture stores. You may have to shop around, but should be able to find what you need.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #5
JAWs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21771
Hi all,
We have a '16 3791 and my recliners are peeling as is the norm. POS! Anyway, the two sleeper sofas sit on a raised partial platform on the floor (approx 5.5") while the platform is covered by the sofa itself. So here's my questions:
1. Has anyone had their sofas & recliners reupholstered? (I have one estimate for all coming in at $3500...and that's with fairly cheap material.)
2. Has anyone replaced their sofas with real furniture (and if so, what did you do about the raised partial floor?)? Where did you find it?
3. The recliners seem to be the easier to replace but even with that said it is not a slam dunk. What did you replace with?
Call me crazy, but I would really prefer all of it to be the same in color and fabric...like it was. But this almost seems impossible unless I reupholster. I've looked at Bradd & Hall and Recpro...but neither have prime replacements for all under same name and color.
JAWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:26 PM   #6
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
[QUOTE=JAWs;1225416]......
1. Has anyone had their sofas & recliners reupholstered? (I have one estimate for all coming in at $3500...and that's with fairly cheap material.)
2. Has anyone replaced their sofas with real furniture (and if so, what did you do about the raised partial floor?)? Where did you find it?
3. The recliners seem to be the easier to replace but even with that said it is not a slam dunk. What did you replace with?....../QUOTE]

My floor plan is a bit different and had a corner unit mounted to one end of the slideout, and the attached recliner rolled inwards with the slide; they went in the trash. The remaining sofa and loveseat stayed on their slideout floors. I reupholstered both with $700 of good, microfiber material. Bought two narrow recliners in a complementary color online from Home Depot, for $200 each, and they can be easily moved around when bringing the slideouts in.

$3500 is not expensive for a jobber; it's very labor intensive. I didn't bother looking for real furniture, other than the recliners, because I didn't think I could work out the slide issue. I didn't bother looking for RV-specific furniture because it is outrageously expensive.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote