Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Who has a water softener?

We will be getting a softener as soon as we get the washer and dryer installed and was wondering which one was easiest to operate. I have seen the two that CW sells, one uses table salt the other rock salt. Also how many of you have a softener and your opinions are of them.. Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
We have a system that uses table salt. I get 4-600 gals. on a charge. One of the best things we brought.

http://www.portablewatersoftener.com/
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have one similar to the one posted above. It worked well while we were in the RGV. We have used it elsewhere, but the RGV is where it really stood out with the hard water in that area.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
On the Go

http://www.portablewatersoftener.com/

Which I see is the same one posted by bigmurf

LOVE it, buy a small container of table salt, no need to buy larger bags of rock salt or store the corrosive salt in the basement for long periods of time.

As John says, it works exceptionally well in the RGV where the hard water (I figured it was laced with concrete) did awful things to my hair and the yorks too.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We have the one that uses rock salt and it works okay. Especially liked having it in the RGV. But, like Mrs. CountryGuy says, you do have to carry the rock salt or solar salt around. If we had it to do over I think we would try the one that uses table salt.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
2-in-the-woods
Established Member

M.O.C. #5739
Hi. I have both a table salt and a rock salt softener. I seem more happy with the rock salt one. Check it out at water-mark.net John
2-in-the-woods is offline   Reply With Quote