Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2014, 05:43 AM   #1
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Thermostat stuff

I know there's been a lot of things posted about our thermostats and how they can quit working. Ours decided to lock up for some reason or another - ambient temp read "00" and nothing worked. After seeing how expensive same - same replacements were, I decided to mess with it for a while. Tried finding the DC fuse for it, but couldn't (had all the 15 amp ones pulled & it still had a display). Pulled the little glass fuse inside it, replaced after a few minutes, and it still was locked up. Finally pulled all power to everything. Turned off the inverter, disconnected the solar panels, disconnected the battery bank and turned the AC breaker in our home off. Turned it all back on the right way and the little pea brain inside the thing woke up and started working again. Have to wait and see if it keeps going, but am beginning to think having little computers inside everything is not always a good thing.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
joe1047
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13901
hello,
we had a similar problem with ours. the main a/c which is zone 1 did not seem cold enough, so I pushed the button that reads inside temperature and it read 32,so it would not let the a/c kick on. zone 2 in the bedroom was working fine. called the dealer , he said to unplug it from the wall and wait 5 mins, that didn't work.
what I did was take the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed all the vents on the thermostat front back and sides, now it works great. I have used it 3 times since it happened and it still works. hope this helps.
joe1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Ours is hardwired in so it can't be unplugged without cutting wires. That's basically what I did though - just wish I knew where the 12v was coming from for it so I wouldn't have to unplug & disconnect everything!