Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
Jaelyn
Established Member

M.O.C. #619
Toilet Water

My toilet is leaking the water in the bowl.I wonder if others have this problem and what the cure would be. Thanks for any help.
Tom

Jaelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:30 AM   #2
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Leaking water 'into' the bowl -- then the water valve assembly may need repair -- I've seen several different kits on the shelves at my local Montana dealer -- they would need to know the model # of your toilet to get the right assembly.

Leading water 'from' the bowl -- the seal around the bottom ball is probably fowled with something -- messy job but you may need to take a que-tip (several) and clean around and under that seal. If the bowl has been empty for any length of time the seal may have dried out -- in that case there is some 'red' grease that the dealer has (I know it is available elsewhere but I don't know its proper name) that you can smear on the seal to 'reliven' it. If too far gone there are replacements for those as well (this I know since mine had to be replaced this past spring).

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
Try the simple fixes first. Make sure your flush lever is moving freely and there is nothing stopping the valve from closing all the way. It has to fit in the rubber gasket tightly. Sometimes toilet paper or other unmentionables get stuck just enough to allow a slight leak. It probably is the valve, but I am a firm believer in the KISS principal.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Aren't there some Sealand (think it was Sealand) toilets that had a set of bad seals??? I know the search engine here does not work right all the time, but you could try that.

Or, hopefully a few MOC people that had that problem will happen along and put in their experience. I believe that they were sent a seal kit free from manufacturer.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by skypilot

Leading water 'from' the bowl -- the seal around the bottom ball is probably fowled with something -- messy job but you may need to take a que-tip (several) and clean around and under that seal.
If you can't find a Q-Tip, just use DW toothbrush. She won't mind.
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
Jaelyn
Established Member

M.O.C. #619
Thanks all,For the information. I tried the Q-tips along with the tooth brush. The only bad thing is my wife caught me and now I have to buy Her a new tooth brush. I'll let you know if that does the trick.
Tom
Jaelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Try some Vaseline on the seal.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote