Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2006, 05:31 AM   #1
Montana_2387

M.O.C. #2387
SHADE REPAIR

Anyone know how to repair the pull down sun shades. These are the kind that have a string running through them on either side. A couple of them have come loose and are hanging crooked. It's driving me crazy trying to 'fix' them.

Montana_2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
If you're talking about the day/night shades in the windows - they can be a pain. There is a piece that fits into the ends that holds them all together, but mine don't want to stay in their spot very well. Think I'll get them lined up good and superglue them in. The trick is to lift evenly on both sides as you go up or down. There was a thread on this not to long ago, if you do a search, you'll be able to get more info. Hope this helps a little.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I just had one do this. What I found was the screws holding the shade to the top of the window had come loose on one side. I put it back in and everything works ok. I think they did not put it in good at the factory.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Our rig is 3 yrs old & the cord broke in a couple of them I am replacing the cord with nylon fishing line. The windows work a lot smoother than with the cord that came in them.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ajjoes, first check to make sure one of the end caps on the bottom bar hasn't come out. That's a chronic problem and can cause them to be crooked. I had to use a spot of airplane glue to hold ours in.

If the string broke, here is a diagram for restringing those shades. I have not done this. I copied this from another thread in this forum awhile back...I hope this helps

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Awww I was going to send you those 2 diagrams but Steve beat me to it.Did you get those from me Steve????I can`t tell you how many people have asked me for these diagrams.People that have done the restringing say using fishing line string will be a one time fit.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote