Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2006, 03:35 AM   #1
raucnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #4926
Quest DVD

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has a "physical address" for Quest Products, in Bristol, Indiana. My DVD player quit functioning after one year. I can't even turn it on. If not an address, maybe someone would have a website or email address. I would like to return it to them.

raucnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Did you look at the manuel. That usually has the manufacturers name and address on it. If you don't have that then I would suggest that you contact Keystone and ask them for the information...If my trailer were here I could go and get our manuel but it is at the dealer getting summerized..Check those two things out.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:39 AM   #3
raucnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #4926
Thank you for the reply. There was VERY limited info with our DVD. The only thing we have says Quest Products, Bristol, Indiana. We will check with Keystone, though.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:46 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I think someone here on the forum found a phone number, address or website for them. Try a search here - a lot has been posted about the Quest. We sold ours in a garage sale for $5.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
raucnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #4926
Sue and Ed,
We loved your response. Our plan was to "gift" ours back to Quest as it is a piece of ----! We were going to be driving in that area in a week or so and thought they could use it, especially since we are willing to give it to them. What brand and model# did you replace your DVD with?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
We have a Sony surround sound system. I'll have to find the directions to tell you the model. We purchased it at Best Buy for around $250 (I think), about a year ago. Only replaced the sub-woofer - none of the other speakers. It is great. Actually I think anything would be an improvement over the Quest. We get great FM and AM reception as well as the DVD and CD.
Happy trails.........................
Old 05-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
raucnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #4926
Sue and Ed,
I write for my husband, as he doesn't type. Having read your response, how did you install your system? He just got off the phone with Toshiba customer service, as we have purchased a Toshiba DVD to replace our Quest. The Toshiba has jacks and the Quest was hooked up with wires clipped to the back of it. Toshiba couldn't tell us how to install their unit, unless we could convert the wires in our rig into jacks. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Looks like we have the same rig, 2005, 3400RL
Old 05-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #8
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
The Quest unit is an AM/FM tuner, DVD player, and amplifier. If the Toshiba unit you've purchased is only a player, you'll still need a receiver (or amplifier)to send the signal to the speakers. The amp has connections for the speaker wires to which you can connect the wires that are now connected to the back of your Quest. If you bought a DVD player/receiver combination (http://www.hometheatermag.com/hometh...nabox/104tosh/), the speaker connections will be labeled on the back of the unit(right front, left front, center, left surround and right surround) and there will be a speaker connection or audio cable input for the signal to the subwoofer.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
We did have to splice the speaker wires as the Sony has plugs and the Quest just had wires - so we just spliced the plugs onto the wires. Other than the speaker wires everything else just plugged in. Including the FM which is a coaxial cable connection. We had to carefully mark the speaker wires so we could get them in the right spot on the Sony.
Happy trails....................