Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
jimc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #380
Surround Sound Speakers - 3295RK

We just picked up our new 2006 3295RK after the Tampa RV show and brought it back to our RV park in Seminole, FL. No real problems so far, and have been installing a few changes (added an extra sewer dump valve, added a coax switch for a VCR and satellite TV, gutter extensions, and minor stuff).
5 of the 6 surround sound speakers work, the silent one being the left one under the TV. I suspect the wires are disconnected in the back of the speaker, but there seems to be no easy way to access them. Has anyone had to get back into the area behind the speakers under the TV, and if so, how?

Jim & Terry Crockett

jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Someone should be along in a moment who has had to pull this area out. You may not like the answer, if I recall correctly.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Have you checked the back of the dvd player,that is where the wires were loose to the two that did not work in our unit.This is a quick check and fix.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I also had a wire come loose from the back of the dvd player. If that does not fix the problem and it is possible, take your coach back to your dealership and have them look into taking the speakers out and checking the wires from that side. If that does not solve the problem I would have the order you a new Quest dvd player. Do a search on the dvd player topic you will find this is one of the biggest complaints many of us have about the Montana.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:50 AM   #5
jimc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #380
I checked and rechecked the wires in the back of the home theater unit (QR 3000) and still no sound on the front left speaker. When I first tested the unit, one speaker beside the couch wasn't connected, so I suspect it may be the wires connecting to the back of the speaker - now if I could just figure out how to get to the back of the speaker short of unscrewing the TV and pulling it out. I am not even sure that will get me there.

Jim Crockett
Old 02-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #6
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Hopefully it will be just some of the wires. They have had problems with some of the home theatre units. I have an appollo unit that I had to compelely rewire. It is a simple process of changing the wires and connecting them to the right output connection. My dealer told me that they had problems with these units and the factory had replaced alot of them.
Good Luck
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
jimc,

Before you remove the speaker to check it, I would unplug the wires going to that speaker from the QR3000. Take a 1.5 volt battery and touch the speaker leads to the +/- ends of the battery. If the speaker and wiring is OK you should hear a "popping" sound as the leads touch the battery. This would tell you that the problem is with the QR3000. If no "popping" sound, then either the wiring or the speaker is defective. Then you would know to remove the speaker and check the wiring, etc.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:13 AM   #8
jimc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #380
Lamar & Debbie -

Thanks for the idea with the battery - checked it out and no sound with the battery to the speaker. Therefore, most probably no connection at the speaker or maybe a bad speaker. Now I have to get the screws out that go up through the panel over the fireplace so I can horse the TV out.

Thanks

Jim Crockett
Old 02-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #9
jimc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #380
To All -

I got ambitious today and pulled the TV out to get to the back of the speakers above it - no mean feat. The fireplace has to be disassembled and pushed in to get to the screw heads through the bottom of the TV.
The problem was one wire to the front left speaker - the lock tab was disengaged. Fixed now and all 6 speakers work.
Thanks for the help.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #10
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Jim,

Glad it worked out for you. Now if you develop other problems in the entertainment center you know how to get the TV out.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote