Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
hrhlayne

M.O.C. #8038
water pressure in '07 2955RL

We get very little water pressure in our shower and galley and have to resort to turning on the pump. We have checked all of our lines and don't find any obstructions or kinks. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

hrhlayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Several things can cause the low flow, if this a new rig I would suggest taking all the flow restricters out of the rig. The shower has one in the hose coupling at the base of the shower head. The vanity has one in the strainer on the faucet. The kitchen may have more than one. If it has a sprayer check the connection at the sprayer handle. Also check where the hose connects to the supply under the sink. If you had good flow before and now it is low than you should check your filter system if you have one... Dave and Betsy P.S. One thing I almost forgot, it you are using an older hose that has been overpressurized you could have a blockage due to the inner layer of the hose separating from the outer layer and collapsing. Try a different hose, I have had this happen twice before..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:08 AM   #3
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
Again, if it is a new unit, here is a problem I had with my 2955RL when new. The water heater had been installed on top of the water line. It was easy to fix. After I had traced out the line I removed the panel in the basement that covers the water heater (on the street side) and pulled the line free. This may not be the cause of your trouble because I got very little water flow when using the pump or camp ground water supply. Good luck.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 AM   #4
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
If you are using a inline filter that may be the cause of your problem when I use one my water pressure really drops down, if you are using a filter remove it and see if that helps. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:53 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
First check your incoming water pressure with pressure guage. You may as well buy one because the pressure will vary so much from CG to CG. It should be around 50psi for normal pressure. Example here in this CG the psi is 28psi and we had to remove our in line water filter to get water flow. Next search out all those pesky flow restrictiors..They are far more trouble than they are worth....then,,check for kinked lines or blocked lines. Any one of those or a combination may be the problem
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
TMerrell
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7988
Had a similiar problem in our '08 2955. The water pressure in the bathroom sink was almost non-existant. Removed the aerator, found a wood shaving was obstructing the flow. Problem fixed.
TMerrell is offline   Reply With Quote