Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Broken bed roller

Found a screw on the carpet in the bedroom after a day on the road..found one bed roller sort of tilted to one side. Anyone have any experience taking the bed apart so as to be able to remove that bottom rail so I can fis or replace that roller? I don't have to get to it for a couple of days, and have "standard" tools (elect drill, wrenches, etc..) I haven't even looked underneath yet to see how/where it is attached to the slide wall and/or slide floor.

Thanks,

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Patodon,

I have a feeling that if you slide the bed-slide in a foot or so, you would be able to lift the foot of the bed up a bit. (I’ve noticed the bed raising up a little when sliding in.) The rollers are attached a foot and a half or two from the foot of the bed. You should at least be able to slide a mirror under the side of the bed that still has a roller on it, to see how that one’s attached…And maybe see if it’s loose, too.

Then, with that knowledge, and a bit of dexterity, you should be able to use your fingertips to put the roller back together.

Barring that, you can take the bed’s storage compartment’s floor off, and reach things that way. A lotta screws, though. But it should give you loads of room to work. And who knows? You might find and retrieve things that you never realized you had lost under the bed!

Good Luck,
Steve

Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote