Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2006, 04:06 AM   #1
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
computer help

Being a person who has only reached the level of being "computer dangerous I need some help. There are several times folks have photos that I don't receive. What I getis a small box with an x in the middle. What do I need to change so my system will allow the photos?

Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:43 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Bear Hunter ... I am most definitely not a computer person. However, I'm fortunate in that I live with one and, although he is not currently reading the Forum, he has told me that the cause of your problem is most likely a slow connection on either your end or the sender's end. Additionally, he said if you're not getting any pictures at all, there may be some settings you could change.

He said if you will email him (go to sreigle's profile in "Members" and click on send an email), he will see what he can do to help you out.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:25 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
If you are using Internet Explorer, be sure the following box is checked. Click on "Tools" in the menu at the top. select "Internet Options", then the tab that says "Advanced". About halfway down under "Multimedia" be sure there is a check in the box "Show pictures". If not, click in the box and click on "OK" at the bottom.

If it's already checked, right click on one of those little X icons you get. I think you get a choice for show picture that you can left click. If that works and downloads the picture, then it is the slow connection as described by Vicki above.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:11 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bear Hunter, If you are getting the pictures sometimes but not always it may be the host of the picture is down. Many of us use tinypic.com and they are down sometimes. Has happened in the last week or so a few times. You can right click on the x to find the properties of the picture.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is down right now////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Also, many times - as with tinypic - the picture is not actually download with the email. Only the "Internet location" of the picture is downloaded. When the email is opend with the intention to read it and view the picture, the picture will show only if there is an active Internet connection available. Many people still use limited speed Internet access that is not "always connected" such as dial up access. If such is your case, often the pictures will not show.

Hope this makes sense.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #7
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Thanks for the help, not sure what I did but it's now corrected. I was able to see that great stain glass door window.
Again thanks for the advice. SEMBER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote