Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2005, 06:19 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Info on Montana

Hi I was wondering if anyone would like to give some info on there Montana fivers....we are really thinking about getting one and would like to know more about the units ...dislikes and likes..TIA

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:03 AM   #2
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
In 2-3 years of looking at 5th wheels before actually purchasing, we found ourselves drawn back to Montanas - just seemed to be the best buy for the money.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:08 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Campbud
Welcome - there are lots of posts here about how we love our Montanas. Search and read various categories and I think you will find answers to most of your questions.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Sue has the right idea. Just read through many of the threads (topics) and you will learn a great deal. Then when you have a specific question that has not been discussed, go ahead and post it. We have all received important help that way. And welcome to the Montana Owners Forum.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I attended the RV show in Houston this past Friday. We wore ourselves out looking. Up and down--in and out--and I have to say I did not find any units that would make me want to abandon my Monty for a new RV love affair. Comparing prices (even show prices), floor plans, and apparent quality, I am still convinced that I have the best "bang for the buck" available.

I personally have not had any direct contact with Keystone, but from reading other's posts, they articulate an above average positive response from this manufacturer. In viewing the 2005 Montanas, I came away with the sense that they were listening to this forum and adapting many of the suggested changes.

One thing about it, on this forum, you will get "the good, the bad and the ugly." We tend to let it all hang out. Even when the posters here are frustrated, when they get the problems resolved, they love their Montanas.

Whatever you choose, determine to enjoy it and don't spend a moment second guessing yourself. It robs you of the joy. Welcome to the MOC
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Campbud -

Welcome to the MOC. As stated, you will find good and bad here on the Montanas. Personally, we love our Montana and are planning on buying another one in about eight years. We went from an '04 TT to an '05 Montana 3400. The Montanas seem to have a floorplan to suit most tastes. They are the largest selling 5er in the market. If you specify which model(s) you are interested in, you will find a lot of people jump in with specifics. Good luck on your search for the perfect RV for you.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
too keep it short, we love ours, and had 2 customer service issues, both which Keystone went above and beyond, and we are very happy.
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #8
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Thanks everyone! We are interested in the 2955rl unit. We looked at the 4300RL and that was so nice! We would need a bigger truck for that one, I believe. We both like the 2955RL, the floor plan is what we were looking for. I especially like the steps up to the bath,I think they will be easy on the knees!LOL I was hoping for a onepeice shower but I dont think it comes in this model The sales person told us we could move the couch to where the chairs on and vise versa on the chairs. I thought that would be nice too. I really have not heard alot about the Montana but I am reading some of the post and it has been very helpful. The dealer seems very nice also. I have a couple of days to muddle it over and then decide. So any info is really appreciated!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We liked our first Montana so much we bought a second one. If there's a third, it likely will be a Montana. Montana is the number one seller in North America for four years in a row. There must be a reason for that. Montanas are not perfect, as you'll find out by reading through the various threads here. But I, too, am convinced you can't beat it within the price range. We're on our fifth year of Montana ownership. This one will be three years old in July and has been beat around the country for about 25k or more miles in our 23 months of fulltiming.

As others said, we tend to air our problems and gripes here. Rarely do we really take the time to say all the good things. But that's human nature, right?

Good luck, whether you go Montana or not. There are some other good brands out there in the price range but we feel the Montana is the best of the lot.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #10
Montana_1750
Established Member

M.O.C. #1750
We just love ours so much we have a 2004 2955RL we have had it 6 months or more
We have had no problems with it at all a couple lose nuts & bolts
It is the best for your buck and is a really well made unit
We have had it out about 6 or 7 times and on a couple big trips
Montana_1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:10 PM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We did a lot of research and looking before purchasing our Montana. Formerly had motorhomes, but wanted something with more room and to leave in one place for longer periods of time so decided to go with a 5th wheel. We have attended many RV shows since purchasing our Montana and are still convinced we made the right decision for our needs. We have been greatly impressed with Keystone and the customer service they have provided. As others have said you will find the majority of Montana owners here are very happy with their units and most, including ourselves, would buy another Montana when ready to trade up to a newer or larger unit.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:00 AM   #12
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
As many has stated we love our Montana as well, I also done a lot of research before purchasing the 2980. My next unit will also be a M******. Enjoy
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
Dane
Established Member

M.O.C. #751
My wife and I did an extensive amount of research for two years before buying out 2955RL last April. We became completely convinced that Montana was the way to go after touring the factory (twice). We've had absolutely no buyers' remorse!. This make/model was an excellent choice and sometime way down the road our second unit will be a Montana as well.
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #14
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome! they're a nice unit. we unlike many people have had many problems, but we still love it! and would still recomend them to others.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #15
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
We are on our second Monty and if we look for another 5er it will be a Monty as well. We have plulled the last two across the USA and back several times and they are a dream to pull. We like the floor plan and it is just the right color for us. When I suggest that we go to the dealer, my wife makes me sign that I will not buy, just kidding . We love looking at the newer units. If you buy a Monty I know that you too will love it.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #16
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Hi Campbud:

Good luck on your choice. We have an '03 2955RL and love love. We got it almost a year ago as a new unit. Last summer we put close to 5000 miles on it and it pulled really nice. I guess we were interested in a Montana as a good friend of ours had 3 before now. He liked them very well and the local dealer is very good. A word on the sofa/bed. We folded it out and couldn't get by the end of it. It was too close to the cabinets. We simply turned the sofa toward the table and opened it with room to get by. It's easy to move around but still stays secure in travel. I am sure you will be happy with the 2955. We are. Our friend got away from Montana and bought a diesel pusher motorhome. I guess he saved enough money on the Montanas to be able to do that. lol. Anyway, good luck and you will love the Montana if you choose to go that way.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote