Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Americana

Has anyone out there had any experience with the "Americana" made to special spec's by Forest River Cardnial.I have seen their web site. I am led to beleive that this is a better unit than the Montana but I smell a rodent.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
richfaa I have not really examined one first hand, but did camp next to a brand new one last year in Florida. In talking with the owner, he was already unsatisfied with several oddities in the functionality within the unit. He also had plumbing leaks in the kitchen that he nor I could fix and suffered through a night of breaker cutting in and out. It would have been due to the RV parks low power, but we did not have any problem with power. I guess you can get a lemon anywhere, but we are on our second Montana product and both units have been great.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote