Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2022, 07:00 PM   #1
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
Bardstown Ky

We have been to Bardstown 2 or 3 times but never in the camper. Where is the best place to camp in Bardstown? I have looked at the campground review web site,but I’m looking for personal opinion and why. Thanks in advance for everyone’s input.

Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:12 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Trevor -at the top of this page in the red banner - click on “RV LIFE Campground reviews”, then search Bardstown KY. Screen shot below shows 3 campgrounds in the area for you to read the reviews about each.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6B70775E-795B-4E57-A1F7-75247A9037AA.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	12092  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:34 AM   #3
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
As I stated in my original post, I’ve done my research on the campgrounds reviews website. I’d like to stay at the white acres campground because of its proximity to the downtown area. We have stayed in town a few times but in hotels, and I think it’s a very walkable area. 5he pictures of white acres campground on the campground revue website just turn me off. I was wondering if anyone from here had ever been there and had first hand experience that might change my mind.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We camped a week at Taylorsville, State Park a couple years ago. It's 31 miles to Bardstown, and lots of beautiful country side in-between. While we were there, we toured the Jim Beam Distillery and brought back some "sweet" souvenirs including half a whisky barrel that I refurbished and turned into a small table. I had to disassemble the barrel, sand every piece down. Glue the whole thing back together and tighten the metal ribs. The top of that table came from the wood floor loft of a 150 year old barn. The wood was hard as rock and I burned through several grinder wheels sanding it down, and over a hundred sheets of sand paper. Each board was cut, sanded, and finally glued together. And the the top was sanded flat again. Lots and lots of Polyurethane varnish on it. The end result was great! ... We really enjoyed our stay at Taylorsville.

Also:

My Old Kentucky Home State Park is only 1 mile from Bardstown.

Lincoln Homestead State Park is 20 miles from Bardstown.

I highly recommend the state parks.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote