Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #41
McRod
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 194
M.O.C. #18363
You need to refer to the definitions of the word "Property". Is that your deeded property or all property, including streets, within the community. That's your hinge word.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:48 PM   #42
McRod
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 194
M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
I’m confused it’s spells it out pretty plain , no overnight parking . What’s the issue here .
It doesn't say anything about no overnight parking. The first paragraph is the HOAs interpretation of the covenants cited in the second paragraph X.1.(m)
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #43
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 1,875
M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHoon View Post
All, thank you very much for the helpful feedback. To those who suggested we should have read the covenants before buying, I would like to assure you that I did read them before buying my house five years ago and before buying a fifth wheel a month ago.

I am interested in your thoughts to the below. The first section is my HOA’s interpretation of the rule, followed by the actual covenant. Our interpretation is that we are fine to park in the street indefinitely l, so long as we do not keep or store the RV on our property.

*************
Recreational Vehicles (RVs), motor homes, boats, etc are not permitted in the community nor are they permitted to be parked overnight in our community. Generally, the board allows short periods of loading and unloading during the day. If you desire to keep it any longer in the community, please coordinate that approval first with the HOA Board -- refer to Covenants, Article X, Section 1.m

******************
Article X Section 1
(m) Objectionable Vehicles. Except as elsewhere herein provided, no junk or inoperable vehicle or other vehicle on which currently valid registration plates are not displayed, commercial vehicle, trailer, camper, camp truck, house trailer, boat, or other similar machinery or equipment of any kind or character (except for such equipment and machinery as may be reasonable, customary and usual in connection with the use and maintenance of any dwelling and except for such equipment and machinery as the Association may require in connection with the maintenance and operation of the Common Areas) shall be kept upon the Property nor shall the repair or extraordinary maintenance of automobiles or other vehicles be carried out thereon. The Board may, in its discretion, provide and maintain a suitable area designated for the parking of such vehicles or the like.
I for one want NO parts of any HOA. Read the BS above. I will do what I dame well please ( with in reason ) on my 5 ac property.
__________________
2018 Chevy 3500 LTZ Dually Diesel 4x4 CCLB
2011 Montana 3455 SA. 6 point level up. Disc brakes. Curt Q24 Hitch
Progressive EMS. Valterra tank valves. Sailun G637 tires. ARP fridge control. All led lighting. Mor Ryde IS
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:39 PM   #44
Theunz
Montana Master
 
Theunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Catoosa
Posts: 604
M.O.C. #18384
If you desire to keep it any longer in the community, please coordinate that approval first with the HOA Board.

Right there is your only recourse, talk to the board and assure them that it will be moved by the end of the next day. That seems a reasonable ask. Maybe they just want to be notified before hand.
__________________
2015 3100RL legacy...2005 Ford F-250 CC SB. Tows like a charm! 4/19 Updated to 2017 Chevy 3500 CC SB SRW -hope it tows as well as my F 250 did!
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #45
Montana Man
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lemoore
Posts: 1,236
M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I for one want NO parts of any HOA. Read the BS above. I will do what I dame well please ( with in reason ) on my 5 ac property.
That was a big help.
__________________
2016 3160, Legacy, Sailuns, Splendide 2100 xc vented, 1 1/2" axle lift blocks, 2014 Ram 3500 SRW SWB 4X4 6.7 Aisin Mega Cab, EBC slotted disks and brakes, Titan fuel tank.
Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #46
sourdough
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Lamesa
Posts: 305
M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHoon View Post
All, thank you very much for the helpful feedback. To those who suggested we should have read the covenants before buying, I would like to assure you that I did read them before buying my house five years ago and before buying a fifth wheel a month ago.

I am interested in your thoughts to the below. The first section is my HOA’s interpretation of the rule, followed by the actual covenant. Our interpretation is that we are fine to park in the street indefinitely l, so long as we do not keep or store the RV on our property.

*************
Recreational Vehicles (RVs), motor homes, boats, etc are not permitted in the community nor are they permitted to be parked overnight in our community. Generally, the board allows short periods of loading and unloading during the day. If you desire to keep it any longer in the community, please coordinate that approval first with the HOA Board -- refer to Covenants, Article X, Section 1.m

******************
Article X Section 1
(m) Objectionable Vehicles. Except as elsewhere herein provided, no junk or inoperable vehicle or other vehicle on which currently valid registration plates are not displayed, commercial vehicle, trailer, camper, camp truck, house trailer, boat, or other similar machinery or equipment of any kind or character (except for such equipment and machinery as may be reasonable, customary and usual in connection with the use and maintenance of any dwelling and except for such equipment and machinery as the Association may require in connection with the maintenance and operation of the Common Areas) shall be kept upon the Property nor shall the repair or extraordinary maintenance of automobiles or other vehicles be carried out thereon. The Board may, in its discretion, provide and maintain a suitable area designated for the parking of such vehicles or the like.


The above tells me that 1)trailers/campers shall not be kept upon "the property". It further implies that the HOA may, at their discretion designate areas for the parking of such vehicles.

I've never been in an HOA and won't. My son and brother have. Inside the HOA both of them were subject to what they kept on the street. If the HOA can't do that then they really don't control much. I think the text of the rules says exactly what their interpretation says...unless you think you have "city" streets and the city will overrule them....I figure that's not going to happen.
__________________
Danny and Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram Laramie 3500 6.4 4x4 CC 4.10 SRW
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #47
DutchmenSport
Montana Fan
 
DutchmenSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Anderson
Posts: 379
M.O.C. #22835
I see you live in Maryland in your profile, so chances are, moving is not an option, as most of us live where we work and are anchored down. I've never lived under a HOA, but did live in a town, where after 16 years informed me I had to move my travel trailer out or receive fines by the city. After trying just about every option available, except storage in a facility, which was never going to happen, we put the house up for sale and moved out. We found a place in the next county over, in the country, where there were no such zoning or city restrictions and rules. It was the best thing we could have done. The freedom we have now, where we live, is awesome. We sleep in our camper every night now, in the drive way, and actually live in it. The house just powers us for electricity. We love it.

So, sometimes there just simply is no resolution with the city, zoning, or HOA's, except to move. You have to make a choice, which is more important to you? Your house or your camper. If your house, then you just have to abide by the rules of the HOA and accept it at face value. Otherwise, you'll be angry and get hateful, and end up really hating where you live, and the people around you. I know, we did.

Or, simply accept the fact the HOA will not let you park there, and like us, make the decision that you sleep where your camper sleeps. That means moving! That's what we did. But at least I don't have bitter disdain for that community I left some 12 years ago any more and my world is truly full of peace now.
__________________
DutchmenSport
2019 Montana High Country 375FL
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax, 6.6L Dually
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:08 AM   #48
jeffba
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bastrop
Posts: 2,578
M.O.C. #20753
This is an excerpt of the changes we made to our bylaws.

You may want to approach the board about changing the rules.

defines Recreational Vehicles (hereinafter "RV's") as any Motor Home, 5th Wheels, Travel Trailer or Folding and/or Pop-Up Camper. This section is to clarify and define the rules and regulations for the parking of RVs within the subdivision

RV is not allowed to be stored on any Lot unless the RV is fully enclosed within a garage located on such Lot or said RV is screened from view by a screening structure or fencing approved by the ACC. The ACC as designated in this Declaration, shall have the absolute authority to determine whether a RV is fully enclosed or screened. If the ACC determines a homeowner is not in compliance with this section, the ACC shall instruct the homeowner not in compliance with this section to remove the RV or to take any other action to be incompliance with this paragraph.
2. Prior notification must be provided to the Management Company or the President of Riverside Grove HOA before bringing your RV home. The preferred way of communication is via e-rnail. The second, if you do not have e-mail, is a phone call or text message. The Management Company and/or the President of the Riverside Grove HOA should acknowledge the receipt of that e-mail or text message. The email addresses and telephone numbers will be posted on the HOA's website http://www.bastroprghoa.com.
3. With prior notification, parking of a RV in a homeowner's driveway is allowed, but is limited to a maximum of four (4) consecutive days for servicing, cleaning, loading, and unloading of said RV. Special request of parking more than 4
__________________
2019 20th Anniversary Edition 3701LK
B&W 20K for Ford OEM Puck
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW
Poke super lignum unum et diem
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:13 AM   #49
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 1,875
M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
That was a big help.
There is no helping the Opie he owns a property under an HOA that clearly states you cannot park Campers or trailers on his property.

What I said in short was run don't walk away from that property sell it and buy something that is more conducive to your needs.

The way I see it if he stays there he only has three options
1- bring the camper to a the house for a very short. Of time to load it up and then take off
2- sell the property and buy something more conducive to his needs
3- sell the camper and quit camping
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:22 AM   #50
jeffba
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bastrop
Posts: 2,578
M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
There is no helping the Opie he owns a property under an HOA that clearly states you cannot park Campers or trailers on his property.

What I said in short was run don't walk away from that property sell it and buy something that is more conducive to your needs.

The way I see it if he stays there he only has three options
1- bring the camper to a the house for a very short. Of time to load it up and then take off
2- sell the property and buy something more conducive to his needs
3- sell the camper and quit camping
4 change the rule
__________________
2019 20th Anniversary Edition 3701LK
B&W 20K for Ford OEM Puck
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW
Poke super lignum unum et diem
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:45 AM   #51
Montana Man
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lemoore
Posts: 1,236
M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
4 change the rule
That's probably the best approach. I don't know of an hoa that is unable to change the rules. Ours has a couple times but it requires the vote of two thirds of the owners. It is likely that there are enough reasonable people there to OK some kind of temporary parking plan.

There are streets in town that look like rv storage lots. Some campers are real beaters, others are held in place by spider webs. I like campers, obviously, but I sure don't want my neighborhood looking like that.
__________________
2016 3160, Legacy, Sailuns, Splendide 2100 xc vented, 1 1/2" axle lift blocks, 2014 Ram 3500 SRW SWB 4X4 6.7 Aisin Mega Cab, EBC slotted disks and brakes, Titan fuel tank.
Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:36 AM   #52
Slow Hand
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Livermore
Posts: 400
M.O.C. #17391
My suggestion is MOVE. Thats amazing you have to load your RV during the day then hit the road before HOA finds out. I had a HOA once and Never again. First thing is you pay all this money for them to tell you what and how you can do it. Live next to me and I would do it for free. I know it may not be the best idea but then again look at the advantages of not having to ask permission. I had a neighbor behind me that had a turquoise house and next door was bright yellow. Freedom is a wonderful thing if you can get it.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hoa

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×