Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
Rsmarlow82
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22550
Oven won't lite

Our new Furrion stove suddenly stopped lighting via the igniter system It will light if I use a lighter, but not via pressing in the knob
When it was working, you could hear igniter clearly . Now it only "clicks/ sparks" once I have manually lit.

Igniter is clean, nothing spilled or on thermocouple

Any ideas or help appreciated

Rsmarlow82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
Rsmarlow82
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22550
Sorry to ask again, but any thoughts on this issue ?? It seems just fine once I light it by hand, but wont lite with ignitor
Old 02-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
Not knowing exactly your oven/stove I can only give a few hints. First, do you see any spark coming off the igniters, including oven. Next, if it's a button, sometimes there is a AA battery behind it so you can unscrew it and replace it. I have seen some with a turn style that looks like a controller for the burners. Not sure where they get there spark, could be from a battery also. You should have an owners manual that will have a troubleshooting guide. If not you need to find the model number and look it up at Furrion's website.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I don't have a Furrion but with earlier stoves you could remove the grill and cover to expose the ignitor. Ensure the wires are still connected to the module and the internal battery, if present, is charged.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #5
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
The cooktop uses the same ignitor. Will the cooktop ignite? If not, put a new battery in the ignitor button and try again.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:04 AM   #6
LovinLife

M.O.C. #11834
We have a 2019 3701LK with a Furrion cook top and stove. My cook top unit will not light with the ignitor. My center burner won't light at all and the left unit you have to hold the button down for about 2 minutes to keep it lit. This is a separate unit from the oven, a new stove top is being ordered for us. My oven will light with the ignitor but will often go out once it's lit and I think I'm baking something and it's off. The dealer said it's working but it seriously has a problem. May want to check with the dealer if they are having a problem with these units. We have over 20 issues with this new Montana, all being addressed but should one have this many problems with a new unit that cost the price that they are ??
LovinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:57 PM   #7
RogerM

M.O.C. #24261
Exclamation 2018-1/2 Montana Furrion Oven not igniting

Today... I tried to light the oven so we could cook thanksgiving dinner. Well, the igniter on the front of the stove when pushed in is not trying to ignite at all, NO CLICKING. I see no blue flame... nothing!
Anyone have any answers here? It worked fine last night, so thinking we may need to replace the thing. TIA Roger Malone
RogerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #8
RogerM

M.O.C. #24261
Did you find out what was wrong with your Furrion oven? Mine is a 2018 as well and doing the exact same thing. When I turn the knob, no clicking at all. It worked fine once... but now, noting? TIA Roger Malone
RogerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:43 AM   #9
Rsmarlow82
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22550
Sorry for your troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLife View Post
We have a 2019 3701LK with a Furrion cook top and stove. My cook top unit will not light with the ignitor. My center burner won't light at all and the left unit you have to hold the button down for about 2 minutes to keep it lit. This is a separate unit from the oven, a new stove top is being ordered for us. My oven will light with the ignitor but will often go out once it's lit and I think I'm baking something and it's off. The dealer said it's working but it seriously has a problem. May want to check with the dealer if they are having a problem with these units. We have over 20 issues with this new Montana, all being addressed but should one have this many problems with a new unit that cost the price that they are ??
We have a 2018 3701 LK Had numerous issues as well our cook top was ok, but issue with oven was similar I removed racks and found that the wire going to the ignitor was grounded again the sharp edge in the access hole Instead of waiting for 3 weeks for dealer to fix, I did myself and now it works fine I moved the wire slightly and then made sure the ignitor was sparking properly, it’s like a spark plug and the gap has to be right and the spark at the top of the pilot line Since then, no issues
Good luck Our dealer fixed up all our issues, and having a good dealer is key
From my experience, I learned Keystone is happy to shove crappy campers out the door so the dealers can fix them
Rsmarlow82 is offline   Reply With Quote