Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
NE REGIONAL RALLY NEWS

I just received a call from Mike Mack, the Montana NorthEast Sales Manager. He is planning on attending the North East rally and would like to know if there is any seminar topics that the rally attendees may be interested in.

What I personally would like to see is a seminar on care, maintenance, and regular inspection of different subsections of our units. Something along the lines of slide mechanisms, electrical, tire and axle, propane system, etc. It's a topic that I think is not covered properly.

That's just my idea, let me know your ideas and I will pass them on up and see what can be arranged.

Fred

FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I think we will be set up and unable to move by then. we have a seasonal site aprox. 30 mins away. it may be too much work to pick up and pull out for the weekend.we'll have to wait and see.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
We'll try to post times for different events and, if you don't want to pull your rig, you can simply stop down. Just let us know if you'll stop in so we have accurate head count for the different events.

Fred
Old 04-13-2005, 06:33 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
ok thank you.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Hi Fred + Jen
Don't mean to be a pain but here goes.

This event is less than 30 days away.

Is this going to be a sitdown meeting in a rec hall?
Are there facilities available for this meeting?
Is he going to be bringing a laptop/projector for a powerpoint presentation (overhead projector viewgraphs)?
Has a format already been arranged?

Is it going to be an informal sit around the campfire type chat? In my experience this becomes unmanagable due to too much chatter and is difficult for the speaker to be heard by attendees.

Is he going to be staying in the CG on a site?
If not has a time and date been setup? (people may want to comment on this to avoid (tee time conflicts, sight seeing .....).

Can he bring a Cambridge or the newest Montana for an open house?

Maybe he could obtain a video tape of the 5w construction techniques. Similar to a factory tour. If there is a function hall at the CG with a television and VCR.

Also, I would like to hear about various aftermarket pin box replacement systems and smoothing out the TV / 5w ride. Do they offer anything other than the fixed pinbox on the Cambridge.

This may be out of his area of expertise though. A mini talk (physics) on forces placed on the hitch / king pin (see above).

Compare Montana to Cambridge construction / subsystems.

Question and answer period for feedback.

Setup some time for one on one chats for specific questions.

Ask his comments on "some" of the postings in the "HEY Keystone" forum maybe printed out and interviewed by Fred or Jen (unbiased) in a sitdown meeting with all attendes. If he is a member of this forum he may be able to give us his thoughts on the following below (a.b.c.....)
These are thoughts (I don't particularly care about all of them listed below its just a starting point) everyone else can add their own.
It will be in our best interest if Fred or Jen could convey what we want to know about so Mike can be prepared.

a. This forum in general

b. Keystone corporate

c. Contact information names and numbers for specific questions

d. Future models and improvements

e. statistics (sales vs area of the country)

f. weights capacities future vs current models

g. how a new model is developed (concept to production)

h. ADD YOUR's

This is an excellent opportunity and hopefully it will be a great experience for everyone.

Old 05-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FredG

I just received a call from Mike Mack, the Montana NorthEast Sales Manager. He is planning on attending the North East rally and would like to know if there is any seminar topics that the rally attendees may be interested in.

What I personally would like to see is a seminar on care, maintenance, and regular inspection of different subsections of our units. Something along the lines of slide mechanisms, electrical, tire and axle, propane system, etc. It's a topic that I think is not covered properly.

That's just my idea, let me know your ideas and I will pass them on up and see what can be arranged.

Fred
I go along with you Fred on the seminar about the care, maintenance, and regular inspection of different subsections of our units. This is one of the areas hardly touched when you pick up your new rig.

As far as uhftx's suggestions, that would be an awful lot to throw together in such a short time frame. Also, the Cambridge is a different division of Keystone and I would not expect the Montana Sales Manager to be that well versed in this new unit. And the fact of the matter is I have absolutely NO INTEREST in the over priced Cambridge. I have seen them in person and with just a few acceptions I am not at all impressed with them.

I believe a seminar on care, maintenance and inspection is something every Montana/Mountaineer owner has or should have a vested interest in.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #7
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
The one thing I would like him to address, is the thermostat problem that alot of us with the 2005 modles are having.
Keystone has stated in a post that a 3 to 5 degree swing and up to a 10 degree swing is acceptable.
We need this to be address.
Thanks
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:56 AM   #8
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
I'm not interested in the cambridge either.

I don't have any particular issues to bring up.

I thought by throwing out ideas it would generate more feedback. Which it has.

I don't want to be sitting in a seminar for hours on end either.

In addition to the general care and maintenance. Maybe something on manual deployment of the front jacks and manual operation of the slides since most dealers skip this also.

Old 05-08-2005, 03:53 AM   #9
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Given my recent experience with red squirrels, I'd like his take on keeping pests out. I am sure Keystone is the first place that gets called when someone finds a mouse/squirrel etc in their new Montana! I'd also like a general care and maintenance session, especially on cleaning as I am sure new products appear on a regular basis that can make our jobs easier.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:47 PM   #10
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Mike Mack is coming for a seminar on Friday night at 7pm. He is also making himself available for questions all day Friday and then again Saturday morning. The Campground is setting up a fire ring for us along with picnic tables and a tent. See everyone soon.

Jen
Old 05-31-2005, 05:39 PM   #11
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
How many people are expected, I know I'll be there, and am interested in meeting the sales manager, I know i have some questions he can probably help out with.
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #12
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Well the Northeastern Rally for 2005 is offically over. Everyone had a grand time. We officially had 15 units there. It was great to see so many new faces as well as a few we'd met in Goshen. Friday night Mike Mack came in to talk to us. He is the Northeast Sales Rep. for Montana. He fielded several question and took lots of suggestions for improvements and new ideas. Saturday night was a spaghetti dinner. We then had a raffle that raised $65 for the forum and everyone generously donated for Rally expensive wich resulted in an extra $15 which will also go to the forum. Then we played The Saratoga Derby. It is a horse racing game where you bet on your favorite horse and then cheer them on as they go around the crowd. Sunday morning was a great breakfast. We all experianced omlette's in a bag. What a treat. Can't wait for next year.

Jen
Old 06-07-2005, 03:00 AM   #13
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
The raffle raised $65 and the donations for rally expenses exceeded our expenditures by $15.

We have just sent $80 to the MOC donation system via PayPal to assist with the MOC forum.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
FredG, and the other rally attendees, I think that's great that money was raised to help support the forum. I don't know what the forum costs to run but it can't be very cheap.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #15
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Steve,

It's the least we can do. After all, if it wasn't for this site, we wouldn't have met each other and wouldn't be holding our rallies!

Fred
Old 06-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #16
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Fred, Jen and all the other MOC members who attended the latest Rally,

I'm out of town so I haven't had much opportunity to post on the forum. Please forgive the tardiness of this reply.

I wanted to express our sincere thanks for the generous donation. It will help us greatly to keep this forum going and it greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you all had a marvelous time and the photographs shared here and the ones via links have been great. I thoroughly enjoyed viewing them.

Happy Trails,

Lady RV
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote