Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2005, 04:36 AM   #61
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Marshall, count us in! Will make reservations and follow this more closely. Thanks for putting this together and to all for the terrific suggestions of sites to see.

Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:17 AM   #62
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
We made our reservations today with Tony...very nice gentleman and a very smooth process. I was relieved to hear that their cancelation process for a full refund only requires 48 hour notice...perfect for an active duty couple!

Many thanks to Marshall and Rosemary for organizing this rally. We are very much looking forward to meeting the two of you and all others that attend.

Dave (aka Smoketrain) and Rebecca
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:00 AM   #63
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Just a note, I was on a civil war site looking for things to do in the area (www.civilwartraveler.com) and it said that the reenactment of the battle of New Market at the New Market battlefield state park will be on May 14 and 15. Was that the same one talked about in the earlier post? If so it is earlier than discussed. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:51 AM   #64
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Thanks for that info, apparently the person who told me had the wrong weekend.
Marshall
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:20 AM   #65
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Well, it's been kinda quiet on this here forum for a while, however, I want to pass some information on to those who have already registered with Walnut Hill and those who may still be on the "fence" making that decision.

I was wrong on the dates for the Civil War Reenactment at New Market, VA. My source admitted and apologized for his error. The reenactment is scheduled for the prior weekend of May 14 & 15, 2005.

Now as far as a "Potluck Dinner" goes. I have talked with the campground and they have reserved their meeting room for us for Friday night, May 20th, from 5pm til 8pm, which should give us all plenty of time to enoy the food and friendship. We ask all who will be attending;"PLEASE" bring your own eating utensils, cups, plates, napkins, condiments, refreshments, and most of all a delicious dish we all can sample and talk about whose was the best. Sometime during our "potluck dinner", the campground would like to take a group picture of our 1st Annual MOC Virginia Region Rally so they can post it in their office.

Also, for those who enjoy "fishing", Walnut Hills has a pond that we are allowed to fish in without any type of fishing license, so some of you "fishermen" may want to make sure you don't forget that rod and reel.

This campground does allow campfires, so those who live within a close proximity may want to bring their own firwood, or you may purchase at the campground store.

Our rally still seems a distance off, however, I'm sure it'll be here before we know it. Looking forward to seeing all of you who plan on attending.
Any further questions and/or suggestions please reply through this forum or my e-mail.
Marshall & Rosemary
Old 04-12-2005, 02:57 PM   #66
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Hi
We are just over in Va Bch but my company wants me in Chine Lake that week so we can't make it to the rally. I am retiring 1 June but they asked me to stay on as a consultant. However they have work scheduled for me until Dec. I wonder what they don't understand about retirement. Oh well, I will just turn down the ones I don't want to do.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #67
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:
"Local Virginia Rally"
Dates: Wed; May 18 to May 22, 2005
OK finally got off my butt and did some planning/reservations for the month of May.
Made the reservation for the Virginia Rally. Will be staying for the week.
Arriving on Monday the 16th and departing the 23rd.

See you all there!!

Now to get to work on June...

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:27 PM   #68
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Have very limited access to forum right now, but wanted you to know Tom & I have made reservations for the VA Rally. Will definitely need a break by then. See you all at Walnut Hill. If there is info we need to know please send to me via email. Thanks
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #69
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
Well, unfortunately we needed to cancel our reservations this afternoon for the Rally. We were really looking forward to meeting all of you and do hope that one day there will be a rally that we can make it to. Best wishes to everyone for a fantastic time.
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #70
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
For anyone who might already be in the area, Steve and I are staying at the Country Waye RV park in Luray, VA until the rally in Staunton. If you are in the area, stop by and see us. This park is awesome, love the free wireless internet. We will be taking in alot of the civil war and historic sites in northern VA for the next couple of weeks. I hope to attend the battle reinactment in New Market the weekend of the 14 and 15 if anyone else is going. I am so very much looking forward to seeing all the VA rally folks. We will be arriving at Walnut Hill on Tuesday the 17th.
PS if anyone else is using Street Atlas as their GPS system, I would love to get together and chat about the program at the rally....See you all soon!
Old 05-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #71
Montana_2203
Established Member

M.O.C. #2203
[quote]Originally posted by speezack

[quote]Originally posted by On The Road Again

... anyway.... put us down on the list ...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

... unfortunately, we have to cancel our reservation.... medical reasons.... proceedures that have to be done this month.... but WE WILL BE BACK.............
Montana_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #72
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Haven't seen any posts on here in quite awhile.

Is this rally still on?

Either way Lorraine and I will be at Walnut Hills this Monday the 16th and leaving on the 23rd.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #73
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Yes, the rally is still on. We're planning a "potluck" on Friday evening. You're right, this forum has been quiet for a while.
We'll be arriving on Wed the 18th and leaving Sun 22nd.
See ya'll soon.
Marshall & Rosemary
Old 05-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #74
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well OK!!!

We are in Wade, NC (just north of Fayetteville) as I type this. We will be pulling out of here tomorrow about 9AM and heading for Walnut Hills. The trip is around 300 miles and my best guess puts us at Walnut hills by 2 or 3.

Anyone have an opinion as to what would be the best way to get through/around Richmond???
Old 05-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #75
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Glenn - When we went through that area last fall we took 288 around the city and had no problems at all - for us it was smooth sailing. Maybe someone else will have some other ideas for you. Good luck and safe travels.

Have fun everyone at your rally. Know you all will have a good time. Things just didn't work out for us this year to attend - would have liked to participate.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #76
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Vic,
My map is over a year old and shows that 288 is not complete to I64.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #77
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Glen and Lorraine,
288 is complete and open all the way from 95 to 64.
Take 288 to 64 west and 64 to 81/64 to exit 217 (Rt 654). to Rt. 11, south 1.5 miles to Rt 655 (Walnut Hills Road) east 1 mile to ent. on left.
These are the directions from Trailer Life

When you come Rt 95, 288 is the exit after exit 61 but there is no exit number just Rt.288

Just before you get into Petersburg, Va there is a 295 bypass around Richmond. DO NOT take the bypass. Stay on 95 towards Petersburg and Richmond. 288 DOES NOT CONNECT TO 295
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #78
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Glenn & Lorraine: The directions by "awaywego" are excellent. I drive Rt 288 often with my part-time job and it is a good road and usually not heavily traveled.
See ya sometime on Wed.
Marshall
Old 05-16-2005, 12:56 AM   #79
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thanks everyone for the 288 info. This is going to save me a lot of time by not having to deal with Richmond traffic, been there, done that, and with having less miles I will also save on the fuel.

The next post from me will be from Walnut Hills.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #80
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Well, we're here at Walnut Hills Campground in Staunton, VA enjoying our 1st MOC Virginia Rally with 9 Montana rigs present. The weather hasn't been the greatest, however, we have been able to have a campfire two nights so far, before the rain showers came. Tonight we'll be having our "potluck" in a nice little meeting room which Walnut Hills is providing.
Most of us went,as a caravan of pickups, yesterday and visited the Shenandoah Heritage Market and the Dayton Farmers Market One couple went and spent the day enjoying the historic city of Appomattox, VA.
We have plans tomorrow to visit the Museum of American Frontier Culture...all depending on the cooperation of Mother-Nature..
Some of us will be leaving on Sunday and some on Monday.
All in all it's been a great 1st MOC Virginia Rally.

Marshall & Rosemary