Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2004, 03:04 PM   #21
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Ken and Ginny,

There are a couple of reasons that we are focusing on June and July. First, and most importantly, we didn't want to compete with the National Rally or the travel time necessary to get there. I know a lot of people from the Northeast won't travel to Reno, but we don't want to exclude anybody who wants to attend both.

Secondly, on a more personal note for us, Jen works on a petroleum tanker and is away for 10 weeks at a time (and home for 10 weeks in between). With her current schedule, she will be leaving for work in mid-July and won't be back home until the very end of September or early October. So, we try to plan our camping around her schedule, which for 2005 means early summer for most everything.

If anybody wants to head up a fall regional rally or get together, that would be great. I would just ask that it be discussed in a different thread to keep things somewhat organized. If someone does decide to start working on a fall get together, I would like to throw out the fact that there are numerous local events throughout the region in the fall that people may be interested in. An example would be the Dansville Festival of Balloons during Labor day weekend, and there are always the renaissance festivals in Sterling, NY (near Syracuse) or Tuxedo, NY (exit 16 off the NYS thruway).

FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:44 PM   #22
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
We have been to Southwoods several times, they have a nice large rally area with partial hookups (no sewer) it's layed out as a large circle with inner and outer rows
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:16 AM   #23
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
From experience I know that trying to get into some of the campgrounds with any hookups is really difficult in the summer. I swear that the locals move to the campgrounds to get out of the cities in the summer. Some campgrounds look like fulltimers have moved in. We are interested in joining in and will offer help if in our area to do any necessary scouting.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 07:14 AM   #24
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
I think Fall would be a better choice off season etc. Just my two cents
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #25
joe2speed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1268
Have not seen anything lately about the 2005 Regional rally. Is it still on? Has a location been decided on?
joe2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:26 PM   #26
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
The Rally will be in the Lake George area in early June. See post on Campgrounds for potential candidates.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:16 AM   #27
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
When was it decided on Lake George? I voted in an informal voting, but not an official vote. I thought we were just throwing ideas around.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #28
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

When was it decided on Lake George? I voted in an informal voting, but not an official vote. I thought we were just throwing ideas around.

Carol
Carol,

The reason I set up an "informal" poll is because of limitations on this forum where only 1 poll can be active at a time (and it was in use for the national rally poll). So, to get the ball rolling on setting up a regional rally, I decided to do manual poll in the other thread. I'm sorry if it was misleading by calling it an "informal" poll, but I thought the body of the post explained the main goal of the poll sufficiently.
Quote:
quote:
Since I'm not sure if we can get a "real" poll going, I want to make this thread a place for a simple answer to make it easier to tally up responses. I would like to gather responses until November 17th. At that point, I plan on tallying up the responses and will post the results. Then we can start to focus on looking for a campground that will meet our needs in that area.
I posted a tally of the results on November 18th:
Quote:
quote:
  • Niagara Falls - 4
  • Gettysburg, PA - 1
  • Bourne, MA - 1
  • 1,000 Islands Area - 1
Time
  • Early June - 3
  • Mid June - 5
  • Late June - 3
  • Early July - 0
  • Fall - 1

I selected the 1st choice of everybody who replied to this thread, I also received a couple of responses via email, which were included. There were 13 definitive responses to this poll.

Now that we have an area and time frame, we can start to look at campgrounds.
I believed this to be the fairest way to get an idea of where to focus our efforts on finding a campground. As it is, we're running later than we hoped in contacting campground for availability, but that is due to my free time being taken up by work and the holidays. Now that Jen is home from work for several weeks, she will be doing most of the footwork contacting campgrounds etc.

If it winds up that there are no suitable campgrounds in the Lake George area available in June, we will fall back on the second choice of the Niagara Falls area.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:52 PM   #29
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
Do you have an idea when the details will be finalized, when we need to book, and the dates, etc.?
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:51 PM   #30
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Ed,

Jen has left messages with several campgrounds over the past few days and we are waiting for responses now. We're hoping to have a couple of potential campgrounds that we can take back to the forum and see what the opinions are on each one. Right now, being between the two major holidays, I don't expect much of a response from campgrounds until next week at the earliest.

Fred
Old 01-10-2005, 04:20 AM   #31
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
See rally campground thread for an update. I only got through to one campground and they seem like the place to go.

Jen