Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2021 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Arrival procedures-all attendees please read

The normal arrival times for the Rally will be from noon to 5 PM. There may be some exceptions and we'll do our best to get people in. There should be a phone number at the sign in area for the early and late arrivals. Please call this number and we will expedite a parking crew to come to your rescue.

The only big exception for arrivals will be on the seventh. Any and all people who have volunteered to help may come as early as they can on the seventh. But not before I've had my morning pot of coffee.

Now what to look for. The only road that gets you to the fairground is CR 34. Most will come from the west, some from the east. We will use gate number 3 for entry. This will be the only gate with people/pennants/orange cones/whatever we can do to get your attention. When you get on CR 34, SLOW down, if you overshoot the entrance you just added some time and frustration to your day.

You will enter a large parking lot and turn to head west. There is room for multiple rows of rigs. Just pull behind the one in the shortest line. We will try to get to everyone in the order they arrived. No guarantees, please be patient. Some will arrive to an empty parking lot, some won't. Timing is everything. We will also try to de conflict multiple rigs going to the same area.

There should be a canopy in the middle of the lot with several people lounging around on golf carts, drinking fruity drinks with little umbrellas and staring at their phones. This is where you will be signed in and given your own personal parking professional (ppp). The ppp will guide you to your assigned campsite and assist you in parking. They are required to make sure you do not encroach on your neighbors site. All sites will be professionally marked with spray paint. Encroachment is punishable by requiring you to move your rig to be inside your area. This will be shown as a yellow card. The red card comes on the second try and requires a trip to the local liquor store. Believe me, you don't want to go there.

If you have questions on your water, electric or sewer, the ppp should be able to answer them. If not we will find someone who can.

That is pretty much it. Simple if the weather cooperates, the arrivals are spaced out, and we get enough helpers when we need them. The arrival times are to give the parking staff a chance to enjoy themselves. Staffing for the odd arrival late at night or early in the morning is actually quite boring. There will be a separate post in the volunteer thread to inform the volunteers what to do.

So happy trails and we are looking forward to meeting everyone in September.

Woodyswanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:27 AM   #2
CindyS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23195
Love the instructions!
Old 08-01-2021, 04:03 AM   #3
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Here's a map of the fairgrounds, showing the location of gate 3:
Attached Images

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:26 AM   #4
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Thanks for the visual, the green area in the picture between gates two and three is actually the parking lot, which is actually grey. For those who have attended previous rallys, this is the picture in the Rally Book. The blue areas are the camping areas. We will not be using all of the blue areas. And they are actually green, unless in drought and then more brown. I think they did this to confuse me.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #5
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
The pre-arrival testing of entry procedures has been delayed until a test can be made.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #6
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
For all of those arriving on the seventh, please take note that if you are not a volunteer to help park, you will not be admitted before noon. We need time to get a parking team together. If you do get to the fairgrounds early, you will be parked in the parking lot until we are set. Your choice, but don't say we didn't warn you. The volunteers will need to get placed and set up and then briefed on what we will be doing. The momentum will build but that will take a little while. Most of the volunteers are not first timers which will help. So to recap, those that are not helping would be best served if they lolly gaze.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:22 AM   #7
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
It's Friday, August thirteenth, do you know where your RV is?
Old 08-13-2021, 06:26 AM   #8
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
All around me.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:37 AM   #9
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Mine’s resting till Monday.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:14 PM   #10
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Hopefully I won't jinx us but the weather looks like it will cooperate for the rally. Slight chance of rain Tuesday evening but otherwise, great weather. This could be the best temperatures for the campfires that we've seen in years. I'll try to get to the early arrivals Monday night but if not, please meet in the main parking lot when you are available. We will have about a half dozen coming in in the morning. These are volunteers to park so we will need to get them in asap. It should also be slow enough that I can take the first timers on a tour to explain what the process is. Safe travels, happy trails, check your six, and et al.

Woody