Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Ceiling panel & installing vent fan

Anyone every taken down one the of curved ceiling panels? How are they attached and how hard is it to put them back properly?

I need to take down the most forward panel in or bedroom (front bedroom). I appears to tucked under the closet door molding; also has the tv antenna control in it.

I want to pull the panel down to see if there is a way to install a vent fan in the bedroom. All we have are the two small windows on the side of the slide; almost no ventilation. The issue will be if there is a 14" space, clear of joist, between the front AC unit and the closet. Two dealers told me there was not, but according to my external measurements there is. The only way to know for sure is to pull the ceiling panel down.

scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
You might figure on ordering a replacement panel. Many are glued to the ceiling trusses. You
might try using a stud finder.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
jetskier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22360
I installed a vent fan behind the front ac. I don't have a curved ceiling, but there was 14in. I used a stud finder to verify. I borrowed power from the bathroom fan and was able to reach the bathroom wall through the trusses to start a fish tape in the hole where they passed the ceiling and front ac thermostat wiring.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I installed a vent fan behind the front ac. I don't have a curved ceiling, but there was 14in. I used a stud finder to verify. I borrowed power from the bathroom fan and was able to reach the bathroom wall through the trusses to start a fish tape in the hole where they passed the ceiling and front ac thermostat wiring.
That might work; I just don't what the duct work looks like aft of the AC.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote