Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
How was your day or week?

Everything has its own time, including maintenance, just not all at once please. Here it is...

1. 2002 explorer engine locks up - (new engine needed) approx 70000 on odometer. I have Fords extended service plan covers everything to 100000 or 7 years. wrong no receipts dealership went bkrupt all receipts in dealers pc now gone. Fords answer not covered. We're now talking to Ford corp as the new engine is being put in by a private shop. Private shop owner worked for ford dealership for 19yrs just left in 11-06 said it should have been covered.
ps 2 tow bills 1 to dealer 1 to private shop $130.00

2. f350 took to private shop that works on deisel had eletrical short. Finds problem 140.00 Does not fix as "too big of job" refers to deisel injection shop. They can fix for aprox 625.00. It needs a new fuel pump and in-line fuel heater both these items sit behind and under the turbo charger. Good thing is that this is a 1 day job and he has the parts. Only 1 tow bill 75.00 so this is only 840.00 if the job price does not go up.

3. 2004 f150 fx4 4x4 67000 with miles extended war until 12-26-2009 or 100000 mi. Son calls Dad from college. Dad the truck won't shift into over drive and it only goes about 30mph anything more and its revving to high. Call dealer that specializes in bigger trucks and was referred to me in Indy. 200.00 tow bill and they wil start looking into the problem tomorrow or Friday. If it is over x they need to call in insurance rep to ok the work. Here we go again. I can produce all of the canceled checks just no receipts. price unknown at this time.

so maintenance bills so far this week are:
explorer 2 tows 130. & 4100.00 new engine
f350 1 tow 75. & 625.00 & 140.00 diag
f150 1 tow 200 trans unknown should be 100.00 because of extended war.
total out so far 5270.00 maintenance out of balance on spreadsheet this month. CPA is going to be calling for sure.
but at least everyone is healthy, so it's only money.
everyone take care and have a great week,
Chuck

lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dang Chuck, Maybe you need to go to sleep and forget the rest of the week. Just start out fresh next week. (I know the bills will still be there). Sorry for the bad luck.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Have you noticed that vehicles do not care about us the way that we care about them?
Hope everthing ends up getting fixed for the least amount of zeros.
Glad you're all healthy, that's the most important thing anyway.
As for me,,,just trying to get through the week so we can take the Monty out this weekend!!

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:46 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ouch! Sorry for all the expensive troubles, maybe you will be good for another 10 years now.
Good luck.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 AM   #5
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Just kidding
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Any consolation that things happen in threes? Sorry for the bad week and I know it happens to us all at some point. You've had your bad luck for now and you should be good to go for a long time. I agree totally with your thinking "at least everybody is healthy, so it's only money".
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:59 AM   #7
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Phil & Cathy: when things like tis happen I try to remember a couple of comments. "if I didn't have bad luck I won't have any luck at all" and "better to be lucky than to be good". So since these are only minor irratations $ and everyone is really ok, I'll deal with these problems easily (I hope). No time for sleep I've got to do payroll today or all hell will break loose tomorrow. And by the way I really enjoyed the 13 day trip our family had to your lovely state 3 yrs ago this June. What a beauty! PS my son wants to go back again

Wife of Dano: your comment was the toughest for me as I sure wish we could be getting ready to leave for a trip. But the Branson trip IS just around the corner! So no harm just wishing for some R&R. Hope your trip is great.

Ozz: I thought of you when I had a chance to "step back". My thought: Ozz was having water running into his home, electric problem, safety, etc. so this is not "that" bad. Glad everything worked out ok for you Ozz. Yes it would be great if this was all taken care of for 10yrs. but I won't hold my breath. the CPA hasn't gotten back to me with the finished taxes for this year so...

jsmitfl: Hell I love the brand jokes. You got me to laugh out loud. Caught me of guard. I needed that!

DarMar: yes I believe in the 3's but have been aware of things going further into 5 and 7 though it's rare.

Thanks everyone.

Now onto a good business note, after being slow this Feb. Mar is ending up. So far we've been absolutely swamped at work with this pet food thing. A clients' pet is extremely sick and it has hit this pet in a very short time. The money these clients are having to pay out is extremely high. Now is a good time to review your thoughts on pet ins.

Most of the other clients that have come in with concerns have invoices ranging from 100 to 500-600 major testing & hospitalized cases are going 800 and up.

I know of 1 law suit already filed against Iams. Our recommendation to our clients is NOT to feed any CANNED or SEMI MOIST FOOD. Dry only and any sign call. Right now this sick pet has a invoice of over 1500 and if it continues to go down hill it may double. Folks this is nothing to play around with if the pet is sick get in quick.

Take care and have a great week!
Chuck (very tired)
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote