Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
What Does Your User Name Mean?

It has been a while since we have done this and there are lots of new members. Some people use their names or initials but others (me included) have some other meaning. I think it is fun to hear how you came up with that. I like reading Tim Ford's post because he has a great sense of humor but I have a hard time remembering he is Boat391. Maybe if we know what is behind that it will be easier.
Mine is because I (Sue) am a Jimmy Buffett fan and we are called Parrotheads - like the Grateful Dead was called Dead Heads. Ed only reads the MOC once in a while and does not post. However, he has enjoyed the 3 rallies we have attended and is very grateful for the help we have received from our fellow MOCers.
Happy trails..............................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Hi Parrothead,

My username is Judy and when we were living in England (have been back a year) I added UK.
In retrospect I probably should have capitalized the UK but didn't think that far ahead! My husband has two more years before retirement but we're planning on buying our first RV next spring. We're even considering RV'ing in Europe in a much smaller setup that we'd rent there. Now that we've had the experience of traveling there, I think we'd be OK. England actually has quite a few "caravans" and some great sites especially in Cornwall.
I met another American lady in England who's also from Hemet....small world!

Judyuk
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Sue, yours is one I have really been wondering about, I never even thought of Jimmy Buffett, I just thought you liked parrots, or maybe you liked the tropics. Mine is simple because I'm not very imaginative I guess, first name and first letter of last name.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Hi Sue - When we first started on the internet we were told that our email address/name must contain a max of eight letters and our business was called The Boylan Agency. We shortened the Boylan Agency to boylanag and it stuck. I, too, never understood Parrothead until now - thanks. Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
Polaris Family
Established Member

M.O.C. #1655
I like the topic! Our's is sort of double edged; my husband, son and I all have Polaris ATV's that we enjoy, but as Polaris is also another name for the North Star that ties in with our navigating with the Montana!
Polaris Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #6
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
When we first bought our Montana. I made the remark to Al that it was just so nice and comfortable, that I could just sit inside all day and become a coach potato. He thought that was too funny and decided we would become TheCoachPotatoes! I try not to sit inside however, as there is just too much to see out there.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well let's see Glenn and Lorraine???
It's been sooooo long and because of this CRS I'm not 100% sure but if I think it is our given names.
I'm Lorraine and she's Glenn or is it the other way round? Dang CRS.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 AM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I am a millwright which is an industrial mechanic so I pull wrenches for a living and I work on contruction jobs in remote places,hence........Wrenchtraveller.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:22 AM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I live in Drifwood and a female.....thus Driftwoodgal

Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:35 AM   #10
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I am Kathi, thus it only made since.....Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 AM   #11
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Very imaginative Glenn, couldn't you have thought of something more creative! Oh, yes, I was smart enough to use my last name! When we joined I did so right away and didn't read a lot of posts first to see people were using different user names. It is neat to try to figure out what the different user names mean, good post!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:12 AM   #12
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I didn't want to post my name. So, what did I do? I used my initials and year of birth. Then I added my name to my signature. Go figure!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:15 AM   #13
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
"Fordzilla" My first new diesel truck was a Ford and when I got it lifted and bigger tires I nicknamed it Fordzilla and had big block letters across the windshield so everyone knew who I was. Now with bad knees and bad back I don't even think about that first diesel and how I would not be able to lift myself into it. That and I have blue blood running thru my veins.

I may have a hard time if I ever sway from owning fords and drift to the darker side.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:19 AM   #14
The Wind
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4200
Our last name is "Breeze", so we thought of "The Wind". Her name is Cindy and mine is Richard. Taking the first letter of our names and we have a license plate with "CRWIND" on the back of the Montana.
The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #15
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Well, My husband's name is Daniel. People have been calling him Dano for quite awhile, so that explains his user name. In the beginning I would sign my posts as Wife of Dano. When I got my own place on the MOC, I just used wife of dano because I figured people already knew me as that. (This is fun finding out about the ones who's name tells a story)
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:11 AM   #16
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Started as my CB handle - was working on my private pilot's license at that time so took the name skypilot; Am now a licensed civilian pilot with commercial ticket; don't fly anymore but kept the name. (Found out years later that it is also a military acronym for a chaplain; am not a chaplain although I probably should often use one )
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #17
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Parrothead, I too thought you must love Parrots as I thought you had a bird. Then, I thought, maybe it was because (no offense) you were a "talker" and your husband perhaps "named" you that. (Please don't throw anything at me. LOL) My husband would call ME that I know!

I think my user name is pretty self-explanatory - we wanna be full-timers! We are not able to do so for quite some time but that is our dream. We were kind of hoping by selling our home and moving to a Montana we could fulfill that dream a little bit and also find out if this is something we would enjoy doing full-time, traveling on the road, or at least moving a couple times a year. We thought we could learn a lot even if living locally in a CG (and also by doing it locally first and working we can become debt-free year's earlier and perhaps be able to live our traveling dream even sooner).
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:48 AM   #18
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I think Sue had already asked about my user name? No the dr in drhowell does not stand for doctor. Just my initials Don Richard. Not very clever but I can remember it. Now if I can just remember my password? I am with you Glenn, dang CRS!

And the farmer don part is, yep you guessed it, we live on a working farm and I am the worker person. Retired from my profession in local government back to my passion of farming. Would have loved to just do the farming thing but it didn't pay the bills. So I did both jobs for 32 years. Now I am thinking about how to retire from the farmer part. Decisions , decisions?
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 AM   #19
mallardjusted
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2334
When duck hunting season rolls around, I have a one-track mind and can't be described as anything other than 'mallardjusted"!
mallardjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 AM   #20
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
We own a 315RLS Montana Mountaineer
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote