Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
hemiallen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28242
Questions about in command

Reading posts can be worrisome....
Ordered our 3120 which is due in mid June. Ordered both the solarflex and the Legacy package, wanting the disc brakes, camera's, and surge protector, the rear cap and power cord reel are so-so on my desire list, but the In Command has me worried. I like manual switches, they can be pulled out of the wall installation and jumped if one fails, and it is an easy, quick setup. And the Gen prep, and transfer switch, is a negative for me, but Sam L says it can't be removed from the Legacy package, too difficult to opt-out in the assembly line. I was thinking of opting out of both In Command and the Gen prep, but the Legacy Pkg would be a waste of $, it seems Independent suspension with Disc brakes is a better use of funds after the delivery.

The In Command seems to need more time to fire it up, locate the touch switches, and seems to, like some electronic devices need rebooting. I don't see us using the phone to control features, but I do believe the In Command allows the heater controls the be like a house for setting the heater, vs my old trailers slider control which I have always wanted to change to a home-style with pre-set times like before waking up.

I see a lot of problems searching here and the net, rebooting, from the factory wiring issues, etc. I have watched In Command operation video's, but haven't really seen the " huge advantages" of this system.

Am I afraid of nothing, or is the In Command a disapointment for others who have experience using the system?

Thank you

Allen