Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2021, 03:02 PM   #21
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66Rambler View Post
It looks like Sam replied quickly to the OPs issues. I'm sure he will help if gets the requested info. Thank you Sam!
Who is Sam? What is his relation to Keystone? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:09 PM   #22
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Sam is Sam Lengerich, Montana Product Manager. He took the position after Mark Krol left. However, the OP has never replied to any communications from people on this post. I’ve PM’d them with zero response. It’s one thing to raise a fuss and ask for help. However, once help is offered, an acknowledgement that they got your suggestions is appreciated. Just my $.02 worth.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:44 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
13 years and two Montana's . We have never had a problem with Keystone customer service. They will refer you to your dealer or to a certified keystone repair facility in your area. It sounds like your slides are not properly adjusted it is not a uncommon problem. IMO the majority of dealers do not have the experiences to properly adjust the slides. We did have a serous slide issue with our kitchen slide and keystone customer service set us up with a certified repair facility 50 miles away. They did a great job and we have not had any slide issues since.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:35 PM   #24
BillnLonda
Established Member

M.O.C. #23085
Sad but true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Not to pile on, but the selling dealer is one of the more important considerations when buying a new rig. This has all the hallmarks of a dealer who doesn't care. What Camping World dealer did you buy from?
It’s a shame that everyone knows about Camping World being less than worthless most times. You would think manufacturers would put some pressure on them to actually give a crap.
Rant over
BillnLonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:53 PM   #25
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
This is so very sad... EVERY UNIT SHOULD GO THRU A RAIN CHAMBER! All axles should be aligned and checked. All electrical should be tested.. Holding tanks, roof , etc.. no excuse for this.. id make them add a day warranty for everyday the dealer keeps it. We paid for these warranties in the price,,. No excuse!.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:08 PM   #26
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
Sam is Sam Lengerich, Montana Product Manager. He took the position after Mark Krol left. However, the OP has never replied to any communications from people on this post. I’ve PM’d them with zero response. It’s one thing to raise a fuss and ask for help. However, once help is offered, an acknowledgement that they got your suggestions is appreciated. Just my $.02 worth.
I agree. Apparently, the OP has not responded to anyone so don’t know how they will get help.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:32 AM   #27
Arkventurer

M.O.C. #26905
Keystone warranty is crap

My experience with Keystone customer service was similar
to the OP. They refused to authorize a warranty repair on my 2021 Montana 3121RL on which the rubber roof membrane has detached from the roof decking material in several locations. The rubber membrane is stretched in those locations and is being constantly chaffed from the underside from the metal flashing which is also detached. I had other issues with the roof leaking and all (in every location) of the Dicor or lap sealant was cracking and pulling away from ALL of the penetrations on the roof. The dealer agreed that this was a material defect but Keystone said that it was normal and “noted the damage”. My complaint went as fas as the “product manager” who
MAY be the same said product manager who was mentioned in other posts. If so he is as worthless as the Keystone warranty!! After months of back and forth with Keystone and explaining the issue to numerous people including several supervisors Keystone finally agreed to repair the roof. And then it got better... I contacted the dealer and learned that despite Keystone telling me that they were going to repair the roof (and having the actual repairs explained to me) the dealer told me that Keystone was still denying the claim. When I contacted Keystone yet again I was also told that the claim was being denied and that the product manager had determined that my roof issues were normal. I was offered no explanation for being told that they were going to repair the roof. All they could say was we don’t see it in the notes. At that point I realized that Keystone not only doesn’t honor their warranty but they will flat out lie to you. I switched my efforts back to the dealer where I purchased the camper. They
called Keystone on my behalf and were met with the same resistance. The dealer finally agreed to reseal ALL of the Dicor at their expense but would not eat the cost of replacing the roof membrane. So it is not always the dealers fault and from the research I have Keystone works very hard at finding ANY reason to deny a warranty claim to include flat out lying. Buyer beware when dealing with Keystone!!!!
Arkventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:50 AM   #28
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkventurer View Post
My experience with Keystone customer service was similar
to the OP. They refused to authorize a warranty repair on my 2021 Montana 3121RL on which the rubber roof membrane has detached from the roof decking material in several locations. The rubber membrane is stretched in those locations and is being constantly chaffed from the underside from the metal flashing which is also detached. I had other issues with the roof leaking and all (in every location) of the Dicor or lap sealant was cracking and pulling away from ALL of the penetrations on the roof. The dealer agreed that this was a material defect but Keystone said that it was normal and “noted the damage”. My complaint went as fas as the “product manager” who
MAY be the same said product manager who was mentioned in other posts. If so he is as worthless as the Keystone warranty!! After months of back and forth with Keystone and explaining the issue to numerous people including several supervisors Keystone finally agreed to repair the roof. And then it got better... I contacted the dealer and learned that despite Keystone telling me that they were going to repair the roof (and having the actual repairs explained to me) the dealer told me that Keystone was still denying the claim. When I contacted Keystone yet again I was also told that the claim was being denied and that the product manager had determined that my roof issues were normal. I was offered no explanation for being told that they were going to repair the roof. All they could say was we don’t see it in the notes. At that point I realized that Keystone not only doesn’t honor their warranty but they will flat out lie to you. I switched my efforts back to the dealer where I purchased the camper. They
called Keystone on my behalf and were met with the same resistance. The dealer finally agreed to reseal ALL of the Dicor at their expense but would not eat the cost of replacing the roof membrane. So it is not always the dealers fault and from the research I have Keystone works very hard at finding ANY reason to deny a warranty claim to include flat out lying. Buyer beware when dealing with Keystone!!!!
Feel free to post your name and last eight of your vin number so I can look into your comments.

Thank you.
Sam Lengerich
Old 04-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #29
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
No repsonse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
Please send me your full name, phone number and the last eight of your vin number and I will have Keystone contact you. You can send this information in a private message.
One of my challenges with this forum is that when a post is made I have no way of knowing the owners name of the vin for the unit they own.

I reached out to the member that made the original post to hopefully help. As of 4/1/2021, 9:54 am, I have not received a response.

I would welcome the opportunity to help.

If members would post the last eight digits of their vin when needing help, it would greatly help me. As long as their unit is registered with Keystone, I can pull contact information. Just a thought.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:53 AM   #30
ojo123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21516
send Mootana a private message and he will help[.. good luck. He has helped us with a keystone issue.
ojo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #31
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I firmly believe that some of these post with a great number of problems are from people who don't even own an RV, but just like to cause trouble on forums, especially when you never hear from them again.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:40 AM   #32
Arkventurer

M.O.C. #26905
Really???

My name is David Oliver. The last four of my VIN are M4700440. I would be more than happy to post the work order, photographs, and the names of those I spoke with at both Camping World and Keystone. But then again I don’t feel that obligated to prove myself to those who want to question wether I own an RV. Actually if you did a search you would see that my only other post on this forum was about this very same issue. I did receive some helpful advise at that time. Unfortunately none of it worked in dealing with Keystone and they refused to honor their warranty. Questioning whether I own an RV is not helpful.

And my apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread. I felt that my experience with Keystone was similar and might serve to educate those who might be considering a Keystone in the future. With that said if Keystone wants to fix my issue I would be more than happy to post how they made it right.... until then my opinion stands... Keystone does not honor their warranty and their customer service people lie. If you don’t want to believe that read all of Better Business Complaints about Keystone.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:15 PM   #33
Amtracker
Established Member

M.O.C. #27726
Hi, it appears you have been given advice on your issues and the action to take to get something done do I will give you some information I have learned. We bought a 2020 3791 RD which had a number of issues. After doing 48 years with the USMC we desire to travel and see America. I wrote a letter to Keystone with issues and recommended solutions and didn't receive any acknowledgment. I have found that dealing with my dealership and other owners saves me time and my RV is not tied up at the dealership. I am fortunate because I have a mechanical background. We are new (like you) to the RV world but RV owners have told me that if you are going to own an RV you need to learn how to correct issues with help from other RV owners and a good dealer. I highly agree that if you attempt to be friendly and get in with a good dealer you will be miles ahead. I agree that a water leak can be hard to correct but it may be a seal that you can replace on your own. Is this the way it should be "No" but once it leaves the dealership it is your problem. I encourage you to buy the extended warranty. You will find that mobile repairs are much faster then the dealerships. I wish you luck on your travels.
Amtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:53 AM   #34
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Just be sure Keystone is actually making those statements, sounds like Dealership double speak.
The Dealerships throw Keystone under the bus all the time.

Mark
Old 04-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #35
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkventurer View Post
My name is David Oliver. The last four of my VIN are M4700440. I would be more than happy to post the work order, photographs, and the names of those I spoke with at both Camping World and Keystone. But then again I don’t feel that obligated to prove myself to those who want to question wether I own an RV. Actually if you did a search you would see that my only other post on this forum was about this very same issue. I did receive some helpful advise at that time. Unfortunately none of it worked in dealing with Keystone and they refused to honor their warranty. Questioning whether I own an RV is not helpful.

And my apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread. I felt that my experience with Keystone was similar and might serve to educate those who might be considering a Keystone in the future. With that said if Keystone wants to fix my issue I would be more than happy to post how they made it right.... until then my opinion stands... Keystone does not honor their warranty and their customer service people lie. If you don’t want to believe that read all of Better Business Complaints about Keystone.

David you take that tone with everyone that tries to help you? If So I can see why you do not get much help. Sam Asked for that information so he could help you.

You might want to at least not bite the hand trying to help
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #36
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
David you take that tone with everyone that tries to help you? If So I can see why you do not get much help. Sam Asked for that information so he could help you.

You might want to at least not bite the hand trying to help
I believe his response was regarding this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I firmly believe that some of these post with a great number of problems are from people who don't even own an RV, but just like to cause trouble on forums, especially when you never hear from them again.
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #37
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
My comment was not directed at anyone specific, just a general comment concerning the OP of this thread who was offered help and has never be heard from since the original post.
Follow any RV Forum and you'll read post cutting down this brand or that brand and all the tons of problems they've had, but you never see or hear from them again, so what are we to think.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #38
Arkventurer

M.O.C. #26905
Keystone has authorized a repair

Update

After posting my information on MOC I received a call from the Director of Service Operations at Keystone. He advised that Sam Lengerich had made him aware of my posts/issue. After researching my issue he authorized the repair of my roof. He also stated, “we manufacture them and we need to stand behind our products.”, which I am sure that we all completely agree with. Yesterday I stopped in at the dealer and confirmed that the authorization had been communicated to the service department. I made an appointment and I am cautiously optimistic that the issue will be resolved. Thank you to all of those who offered helpful information and thank you to Mr Lengerich.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:19 AM   #39
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
You have not seen my posts.. I have pics too..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #40
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
DFB, I don’t believe that was aimed at you. The OP never replied again, never replied to PM’s. There are several like that - 1 or 2 posts and nothing. To me, the benefit of the forum is to assist and get assistance plus fellowship. Many of our closest friends are MOC members. They have helped us move int9 new rigs, do the PDI, met with us along our travels. I’m sure it’s the same for you.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote