Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
GNP Red Bus Tours

We're going back to Glacier National Park in July! We will be staying at San-Suz-Ed RV Park again, just 2.5 miles from the West Glacier park entrance. This time we're thinking about doing the Red Bus tour on the GTTS road so that Brian can sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery too.

The Mountain Majesty is the tour we're looking at. We would do this from West Glacier to Rising Sun's Two Dog Flats Grill then back to West Glacier, which includes stopping for lunch or dinner, depending on which time we depart (9:30-4:15 or 1:00-8:30). My questions are:

1. From the West to East, would you do the early or later tour?

2. Any comments on the Two Dog Flats Grill?

3. Get on the bus at West Glacier KOA or at the Apgar Visitor Center?

4. Do you recommend sitting toward the front or back of the back of the bus?

5. Anything else we need to consider?

Any additional suggestions or comments are welcomed.

Thank you.

onekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:10 AM   #2
pkbridges77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17920
Sorry we can't help. We stayed across the road last summer at North American RV park and didn't take the Red Bus. Passed a lot of them on GTTS road. Would highly recommend the drive north to the bakery and restaurant at Polebridge. Very fun general store and all off the grid. The Red Bus tour looks like a fun day.
pkbridges77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:55 AM   #3
Kampn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18069
Onekla, I just looked at the website for San-Suz-Ed RV Park and I can see why you're staying there again, it looks like a great place! I'm putting it on our wish list of places to go.
Kampn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:45 AM   #4
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
Quote:
quote:[pkbridges77 - The last time we were there we took the gravel road to Polebridge and took the highway back. We're planning to do that again. Very enjoyable day trip. We stopped in the middle of the gravel road and watched a black bear wandering down the road toward us and it crossed the road in front of our truck - could have probably spit on it but I was so excited videoing that bear. We picked up some good cinnamon rolls at the bakery at Polebridge. ]

Originally posted by pkbridges77[/i]

Sorry we can't help. We stayed across the road last summer at North American RV park and didn't take the Red Bus. Passed a lot of them on GTTS road. Would highly recommend the drive north to the bakery and restaurant at Polebridge. Very fun general store and all off the grid. The Red Bus tour looks like a fun day.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:53 AM   #5
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
Kampin - These owners were great. We highly recommend them and at $50/night for full hookups is hard to beat.

Quote:
quote: Originally posted by Kampn

Onekla, I just looked at the website for San-Suz-Ed RV Park and I can see why you're staying there again, it looks like a great place! I'm putting it on our wish list of places to go.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:09 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Has the road to Polebridge improved any? We tried to go there in 08 but the road was so wash boarded we gave up after 3 miles. Jim
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pkbridges77

Would highly recommend the drive north to the bakery and restaurant at Polebridge. Very fun general store and all off the grid. The Red Bus tour looks like a fun day.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #7
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
It was in September of 2007 that we went and it was not bad then. #128522;
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Has the road to Polebridge improved any? We tried to go there in 08 but the road was so wash boarded we gave up after 3 miles. Jim
Quote:

Would highly recommend the drive north to the bakery and restaurant at Polebridge. Very fun general store and all off the grid. The Red Bus tour looks like a fun day.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #8
pkbridges77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Quote:

We didn't have any trouble on the road. I do remember some washboard but we just took it slow and enjoyed the drive. If you want a fun experience, there is a saloon/diner/trading post a few miles or so south of Polebridge. As I recall its the first civilization you come to on the west side of the road. Stop and have a drink and hear their stories (burgers were great also!). We were fascinated by their pictures and wildlife encounters. A couple who were bikers sold everything and bought the pub a couple of years ago. They are 12-month residents so they see the whole range of weather. We loved Glacier.
pkbridges77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:56 AM   #9
poloace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13649
Took the red buss 2 yrs ago round trip in July. It was great. Didn't have to worry about parking. There's not a bad seat. The roof is open,so you can stand.
Polebridge was great. We were there the 4th of July, they had a parade, and barbecue.
Defently a do over.
poloace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
Poloace - Thanks for the info. We're looking forward to getting back up there. The day trip to Polebridge was nice. I can only imagine a parade in Polebridge where the population a couple of years ago was 59!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by poloace

Took the red buss 2 yrs ago round trip in July. It was great. Didn't have to worry about parking. There's not a bad seat. The roof is open,so you can stand.
Polebridge was great. We were there the 4th of July, they had a parade, and barbecue.
Defently a do over.