Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Jim, I sent you a PM.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #22
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Dave,
I forwarded a PM back.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Got it- Thanks!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You have to be very careful on full timers insurance.It will vary state to state and a company that does not offer the coverage in Say Ohio may offer it in Utah.. We have a rider on our homeowners policy..but we have a home..If you are full timers the camper is your home. You need to be very honest with the agent and make sure you tell him exactly how you are using the camper so you can get the proper coverage.. We have a friend who is president of a Insurance agency. Note that some companies have a definition of "full timer" It MAY mean.."used as a residence for 90 days or more"...Make sure you ask the right questions..assume nothing////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:54 AM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks for the info, Rich.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:05 AM   #26
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Good Morning everyone: Just wanted to share additional information regarding State Farm coverage - Once we sell our house - we will be switched from a home owners policy to a Tenant's policy for our personal posessions in the 5th Wheel, and personal liability (as in case our dog bites someone or licks them to death); the auto coverage we have continues as is - covers both rigs (RV and TV)for all the usual things - when/if we buy a piece of "dirt", our tenant's policy cover's liability if someone falls on the dirt and sprains their ankle for instance...when/if we put a RV garage and/or apartment on the piece of "dirt", then we convert back to a regular home owner's policy which would still cover the contents in the 5th Wheel; no change in the auto policy. The only requirement - we must have a street address, either family member, our own, or through a mail forwarding service. The rate for the tenant's policy is around $200 a year, plus our auto policy costs - the total would be higher than many of your are paying with your coverages, but who one chooses to insure with is as broad as what type of Montana one chooses - as long as we are covered, and as long as we all buy the best in RV's, that's a
very good thing....have a good one

Chaser
Mike & Evy Orlob
2006 3400rl; 2004 3500 Dodge Ram
Retired, Rver's,Racing Fans
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:46 AM   #27
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Chaser,

We didn’t go with State Farm because it would only cover us like renters.

It didn’t cover the fiver. So if it burned down, flooded, or blew away to Kansas, we’d only have the contents covered.

Progressive came up to bat for us and covers us as if this is our brick & stick home.

I’ve still gotta have the family accountant, (otherwise known as my wife,) look into those other companies to see if we can save more money without giving up coverage.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #28
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Chaser, Im thinking you are being lead astray. A tenant policy is just that. If I read your post correct, you must supply them with a physical address. That leads me to believe that an agent is trying to cut corners and classify your fiver as a rental unit , under that physical address. While it may save you some money, if you have any kind of claim, Im thinking you got a problem. I suggest you check that out as 200 a year is waaaaaay too cheap for the coverage that you will need as a fulltimer. They will even tell you that you have liability coverage through your tow vehicle, but they fail to tell you that it is only while you are hooked up and moving. I hope you will double check, and I hope that I am wrong, but I dont think so.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #29
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
FF,

I think you hit the nail on the head. The probable "Escape Clause" for the insurance company if a claim is filed: NO PERMANENT PHYSICAL ADDRESS.

My State Farm folks just told me they don't do fulltimer coverage, even though I still have full coverage on my TV through them.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote