Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
sedwheathome
Established Member

M.O.C. #6730
Apollo Oven & both TV Out

I must have had a lightning strike. Both tvs & the Apollo are out in the Monty. Freaky things happen sometimes.
Any suggestion on what to replace the Apollo oven with that some of you have done already? Don't really use this for anything except the microwave part of it!
What about tvs? Since both are out, thinking about HD TVs (Much lighter!). The one in the bedroom is a 13" (I think), living room is a 27". What size HD fits the holes best? Any suggestions appreciated!

Thank you
Walter & Suzanne

sedwheathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sorry to read about your loss. I don't see what any info about your rig. Have you checked your converter? Were you in a campground when it happened? If so, were units around you affected?

When my converter went bad, it took TV, Microwave, DVD, and satellite converter with it. All were replaced under warranty. Had it been a spike, then my insurance would have gotten into the picture.

If it were me, I would gather as much detail as I could about the incident and make contact with my dealer to see if there is recourse. That failing, go to the insurance company for a loss claim.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
sedwheathome
Established Member

M.O.C. #6730
Stiles,
Our unit is a 2005 2955 RL. We purchase the unit new in January of 2007. Left over that we couldn't pass up!
Guess what, I think the converter is gone, as you said. I had not had much time to mess with it until this afternoon. Plus, we havn't been able to use her as much this summer as usual. She has sit in the back yard more than we like. But, we have built a room for her & the other two vehicles we have, all under one roof. Anyway, I think the converter got all of them. I can't even get the dealer to give me an estimate on the replacement tvs & Apollo oven. I am discussing with insurance though. I don't think they will have a problem. I'll do the labor myself. Better than trying to have patients with the dealer.

By the way, you know how the easy way to check the converter to see if they are bad?
Thank you
Walter & Suzanne
sedwheathome is offline   Reply With Quote