Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Black Tank Flush

Did the winterizing on my trailer today......is the black tank flush on its own "circuit" ...If it has never been used is there any need to put the anti freeze in it???......my unit is plumbed for the washer..again that has never been used..I opened all the taps and let the low point drain empty.....should I be forcing the anti freeze up to the washer connections too? thanks

Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
The W/D hoses are vertical, it would seem if you drained them (they should be empty anyway) any water would run out. Same for the black flusher...I've always just opened it and let it drain.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:Wiarton William Posted - Sep 05 2008 : 4:50:57 PM
Did the winterizing on my trailer today......is the black tank flush on its own "circuit" ...If it has never been used is there any need to put the anti freeze in it???......my unit is plumbed for the washer..again that has never been used..I opened all the taps and let the low point drain empty.....should I be forcing the anti freeze up to the washer connections too? thanks
William, I disconnected H/C water lines for the washer under the bathroom sink and capped off the "T" connections, so I don't have to winterize those lines. As for the black tank "flush" line, it is a separate line that goes into the black tank. You could put some antifreeze into the line or just "blowout" the line with a compressor.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Excellent....thank you..DW doesnt want a wash machine so I will cap the lines and eliminate the need to winterize them...thanks
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Technically, you shouldn't have to antifreeze the tank flush line. When the vacuum breaker opens, water should drain down both sides and there shouldn't be any low points.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
No need line will drain
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Before we had the w/d installed, we just drained the rig as usual and never had a problem during our Michigan winters. Now that we have the w/d, it is a different story - not difficult but different. The black tank flush lines also drain well so nothing special needed there. Best way to avoid all of this is to join us at Disney World this winter.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote