Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Waher Drain on 2006 RL3400

Has anyone had problems with drain backup with the washer/dryer drain connection on the 3400? I am using a spendide combo and I get overflow on occasion out the top of the drain pipe. otherwise is flowing ok most of the time. No other water back up problems with the 3400. Thanks

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
This may seem like an odd response, but bear with me. On some models (older), the washer drain outlets to one of the tanks. Newer models drain directly to the outlet hose after the valve (Our 2007 3400RL bypasses the tanks). I would think you need to determine which kind of drain you have. If you close the tank valves and run the washer in spin mode, you should be able to determine (a clear elbow or simply listening) if the washer bypasses the tanks when draining. If it is draining into a tank, obviously the tank needs to be pretty well empty to half-empty before starting a wash cycle. Keep us informed if there are other circumstances, I am sure someone has been there, done that.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
John, we have the splendide also and have never had the water backup at the drain. We have had water backup in the shower when I didn't empty the tank before use. I suggest looking to see if there is any obstruction in the drain line and make sure the hose is down in the drain tube as far as you can get it. If the hose is at the top of the drain, when the water is forced down the drain, that could cause an air bubble in the line pushing the water out the drain tube and on the floor. I think my drain hose is down the drain about a foot or so.
Hope I didn't come across too fuzzy!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote