Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
BLACK DOTS ??

Any one have black dots on the side of your Monte?? , they look like periods at the end of a sentence. a little bigger and are on sunny side of camper. I tried to get them off with brush won't do it, fingernail works better but difficult. get maybe 50 of them, could they be spider eggs, this was the only idea I've heard so far.
I want to get rid of these on my RV and keep her clean but must be some thing that will get these off easier??
any help appr.
ps I've tried bug sponge with wax and only some come off easy, and no this is not paint spray.
THANKS ALL

cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
No black dots here. Lot's of dusty spots though. Had the rig washed and hand-waxed in May. Seems like we do that about once each year.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
cmp-shooter,

I think the little black dots you are referring to are some sort of insect item. I've seen them on our trailer and various other things. I usually simply have to scrap them off. Just washing them does not seem to do the trick.

I hope someone drops by that knows for sure what they are. Fortunately I don't get a lot of them and they are very small. Interesting question.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Shooter, you might try the Bounce sheets. Does sound like eggs of some sort and the Bounce works great for me.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Fly Specks!!! aka fly poop. I would imagine you were somewhere where the sun shined on the side and the flies rested there to keep warm, they leave calling cards behind. Soak before washing, they will come off if presoaked. A little shot of Awesome will help... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dave,

DUH! It has been so long in my memory that I simply overlooked it! Of course that is what it is. Thank you for reminding us.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
"Bounce" them off.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 AM   #8
corncob
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8226
Look up 'Artillery Mold' on the internet. PSU has done research on the mold. Looks like a fly speck until you try to remove it. Then it leaves a brown (oil color) speck. Very hard to remove. I had it on a travel trailer and used every chemical known to man with little success. Caused by decaying wood (within 20 ft).
Good Luck.
corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:13 AM   #9
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
had them also, used Gel-Gloss, took them right off.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Fly Specks!!! aka fly poop. I would imagine you were somewhere where the sun shined on the side and the flies rested there to keep warm, they leave calling cards behind. Soak before washing, they will come off if presoaked. A little shot of Awesome will help... Dave
==================================
I think you got it...took about 2 hours and did a section from
nose back to door and used car wash soap and a non scratch kitchen pad, soaked and washed and wiped got em off, a lot of elbow grease though,LOOKS MUCH BETTER[SIDE BRIGHTEN UP NICE] the bounce didn't touch em and didn't try the gel coat wax although that I
WILL TRY.
whats AWESOME??
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
It is called "Totally Awesome" and you get it at the Dollar stores, Dollar tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General. And it is a DOLLAR a bottle. We always buy 6 at a time... Dave and Betsy P.S. We usually get it at the Dollar Tree..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
I used awesome on my old unit, it was filon and getting old, the awesome bleached the yellow out of the filon. I sure would not use it on my new gelcoat or a new unit. The awesome did bleach the color out of the decals like crazy..
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Careful of Awesome. It is Citrus based. Birds like to peck on Citrus smelling surfaces thinking there is a fruit under there. A good soapy washing may be in order after using Awsome.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote