Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
Fire_Hazard
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18448
LCI 3.0 Leveling system

Back to the dealer for the 6th time tomorrow. I asked for a new unit last week. This time it failed but in manual mode I was able to level it and then hit auto level and the middle jacks came down. It took 11 tries and 2.5 hours. I so look forward to the 1st week out and it works so I can post a pic with the the family. They said I need to be close to level, but back at the shed, it self leveled and two jacks never touched the ground. Any ideas on how to get someone to fix this problem. It has only worked on the dealers flat lot.

Fire_Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Contact Keystone Customer Service and get a file started if you don't have one already. This will help you and the dealer get things going much faster and resolving the problem. Also give Lippert or LCI a call an ask to talk to a service tech. I think they also furnish the level-up system on your 340BL too. I had a problem with mine and they walked me through the problem and come to find out I had a bad battery that the dealer replace because it was still under warranty. What dealer did you buy the Monte at?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #3
Fire_Hazard
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18448
Bought at Leach in Council Bluffs IA, they have been stellar. Could not recommend them more. It is funny, when we pulled into our normal camp ground we got a crowd. They all set up in the site to our right, we had 15-20 watching, and the guy who won the pool made 120.00. They bet for does is work and an over under on how many time it takes to get it to work. Half the 120.00 he won would help for the storage fees!! I stand firm that this thing was built on a Friday on a holiday weekend. I will not say anything bad about the Montana or the dealer, it is a stellar RV,just wish the leveling system worked.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #4
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
Agree with Rondo. I'd call Lippert and have them work their way through it. I've found in my minimal exposure that these guys are great at diagnosis and remedy of situations like yours.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #5
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Good Friends had a Jayco Pinnacle with LCI Ground Control 2.0 and it was very slow and at least half the time not all the Electric Jacks would reach the ground. Sounds like the 3.0 version isn't much better.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Bummer that you got the dog leveling system. Might ask lippert if they will install their new hydraulic system...sort of a clone of the bigfoot...in place of the crap put in your unit...if there is room for each leveler in your rig. John
Old 08-01-2016, 04:44 AM   #7
Fire_Hazard
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18448
Just an update, went out again this weekend. Took it back to dealer on Monday last week. Said they were replacing all the electronics give them and hour or two. Came back and they were still working. I told them I would just come back Wednesday or Thursday. Got there at 11:00 Thursday and there are still three guys in the basement and they were re-installing the old electronics because the new worked less than the old. Needless to say got out Friday and it did not work. The tech came out, almost 2 hours each way for him from his home on Saturday morning, hit the auto level button and it read auto level successful. He was a little peeved at first that all he had to do was push the button as I had manually leveled the camper the night before, but could not make the middle jacks come down. I quickly pointed out that while it does say level successful there were 2 jacks on the curbside not down. I had called LCI Friday and ended up hanging up when they told me I was not capable of re-homing it since I was not a factory authorized tech. They had me measure the front and rear jacks extensions as I may have over extended the jacks. They told me I should be able to go 11 inches I was between 7-8 inches. I tried to point out to the LCI phone tech that I could not over extended if I have it leveled but can't get the middle jack downs. Got home and put it away in the shed and it worked fine. So frustrating, I did talk to the owner of Leech in Council Bluffs about upgrading to the hydros or ordering a new camper, and he assures me they will figure it out, but it only seems to work on flat paved surfaces. We will test it again this weekend. Happy camping to all.