Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2007, 03:31 AM   #1
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Great Service/Dealer

We were in the big storm on Pensacola on Wed/Thurs (the one that got Enterprise). Although we had been in rain before, this resulted in a very bad leak/series of leaks, in the kit/sofa slide. Water gushing down behind and through the curtain, a puddle in the overhead cabinet, carpet next to the wall soaked, etc. Called Keystone, they said to call Leisure Time RV in Pensacola...the service manager said he'd be happy to take care of anything as serious as a water leak...NEXT TUESDAY! Called Keystone again they suggested another independent repair shop...he was too busy also. Weather was forecast to be good, so we headed for Gulf Shores. There is a new CW in Robertsdale, AL, we stopped there. Next door we noticed a Montana dealer. Explained our problem...long story short...they stopped working on another RV and fixed ours while we waited.

They said the seam of waterproof tape that covers the the row of screws along the outside wall did not get properly sealed...so they siliconed the leak as well as the same seam on the other three slides.

I'm going to called Keystone Monday and give them an atta boy. Needless to say, we highly recommend them...Emerald Coast RV Center, Robertdale, AL, (251) 947-3278.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
While you are relaying the well deserved "atta boy" to Keystone we would hope that you would also mention the improperly installed waterproof tape.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Glad you got everything fixed Bert. It is good to realize that slides should take incredible rain fall and not leak if everything is set up right. Last year coming home near Hope BC, we hit a deluge of rain that I did not realize was possible. We had to slow down to under 20 MPH and we would have pulled over if there would have been a spot. It was like a flash flood on the outside lanes and we stayed in the centre lane. I was sure I would find leaks inside my Montana but it was dry as a bone and I was very impressed that the seals would keep out that type of water flow.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bert and Betty, I'm glad to hear you were not hurt in the big storms.

Somewhere on MOC there is a thread called Dealer Ratings or something like that. Your comments would fit very well in that thread, too, if you'd like to post them there.

We were in Gulf Shores in early January and visited that new Camping World and looked at Montanas at that dealership. That's where I first saw the higher CC numbers and GVWR numbers on the Montanas. I'm glad to hear they got you taken care of.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:49 AM   #5
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Steve...here is the web site (RV Service Reviews):

http://rvservicereviews.com/

I put in two comments...one for the good service, one for the no service.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote