Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
Route66Rambler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23433
The Forum Helps Again!

We live in Oklahoma and are purchasing a 2019 MHC 330RL at Lazy Days in Denver. We put down a deposit in February and due to schedules we could not get back to pick it up until March. A few days before we were scheduled to leave for Denver I get a call from the dealership and I was told they found a problem with the countertop on the island. The material was jagged and rough around one side of the sink. They ordered a new countertop. Now it's April. A few days before we were scheduled to leave for Denver AGAIN and I call them and they said the WRONG countertop had come in. The frustrating part is that they had the wrong countertop in for TWO weeks before they opened it to discover it was the wrong one! Ok, so ANOTHER countertop is on order. 12 days later correct countertop installed.
Soooo my husband was in Denver yesterday (airline pilot) and stopped by the dealership to check on things AGIAN before we leave for Denver on the 15th of this month. He had our punch list of things we found on the first day we were there plus a few other things that I had found from this forum. Countertop is GOOD! He checks the sinks for leaks and some other things. Not too bad. THEN he gets on the roof to check the seals and GUESS WHAT HE FINDS?? Two of the three slideouts had bubbles in the roofs from leaking slide motors! The bedroom slide rubber membrane had a soft spot where a bubble was starting. Thanks to this forum, I had already ordered and received the drip trays but it seems we were not fast enough. So thankful I had done research on here and had known to look for that problem. The technician got up on the roof and saw the bubbles and right away said the rubber roofs need to be replaced and not just patched. Hopefully a warranty approval won't take long and we will still be on schedule to pick it up on the 16th.
Thanks again for all the great information exchange here on the forum!

Route66Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Good luck on the whole slide roof replacement. Keystone has now approved Eternabond as an approved repair. BUT, you have them in a bind if it’s not too late to say you are not taking without replacing the whole slide membrane. The roof manufacturer is now saying to stop the leaks with the drip pans, clean the oil completely off the membrane, and the bubbles can be pressed back down with a hair dryer and a brick. So far, they are correct. I stopped my dealer from cutting, and putting Eternabond on, and fixed it myself. The roof manufacture states that the oil will NOT create a hole. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
That said, on a brand new rig you should get new membrane.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote