Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #1
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
305RL More Shelves

In our new 305RL (and I'm sure many other models) they provide pretty decent storage space but the space between shelves is huge. To us that just leaves a lot of wasted space.

I've added a couple of new shelves to subdivide the space and may add more. I tried to make them look as close to OEM as possible. I'll number them here with numbered pics below.

1. The little cupboard beside the oven. This is a narrow, tall space. I'm not sure what others store in there but I've added a shelf in the middle to accommodate my wife's storage needs. I've also installed a couple battery powered, motion sensitive LED lights for these spaces.

2 & 3. Pantry. Again, pretty shallow space but enough to store a lot of food. Pretty tall between shelves, though. I've added one shelf, which may be all we need. I may add more if the wife thinks she needs it.

4. Above Pantry. The space above the top shelf in the pantry is pretty tall.
The panel above the pantry covers all of the extra head room. I've already ordered an OEM door and hardware that will match the others in the coach and will perfectly cover that space. I plan to remove the panel and insert a shelf that will provide yet another storage space. I'll post pics when it's done
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet1a.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	3490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry1a.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	3491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry2a.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	3492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry3a.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	3493  

jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
Roadtravelers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19116
They look very nice great job I am not showing my better half. In our 2016 305RL does not have a pantry
Roadtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
In our new 305RL (and I'm sure many other models) they provide pretty decent storage space but the space between shelves is huge. To us that just leaves a lot of wasted space.

I've added a couple of new shelves to subdivide the space and may add more. I tried to make them look as close to OEM as possible. I'll number them here with numbered pics below.

1. The little cupboard beside the oven. This is a narrow, tall space. I'm not sure what others store in there but I've added a shelf in the middle to accommodate my wife's storage needs. I've also installed a couple battery powered, motion sensitive LED lights for these spaces.

2 & 3. Pantry. Again, pretty shallow space but enough to store a lot of food. Pretty tall between shelves, though. I've added one shelf, which may be all we need. I may add more if the wife thinks she needs it.

4. Above Pantry. The space above the top shelf in the pantry is pretty tall.
The panel above the pantry covers all of the extra head room. I've already ordered an OEM door and hardware that will match the others in the coach and will perfectly cover that space. I plan to remove the panel and insert a shelf that will provide yet another storage space. I'll post pics when it's done
Very nice! I agree, I like to match the existing & make it look like it came that way. Or should have.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote