Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #1
Annaoinga
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15850
Bedroom Closet doors in 3725

On our third trip in our new unit the bedroom closet doors were latched but they ripped apart and came loose from their tracks. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it covered under warranty? I took pictures - do I submit them to Keystone?

Also, after leveling and then putting the slides out and getting situated we noticed the RV is not level left to right - is it ok to adjust this manually with the level buttons? We were afraid of hurting the system without checking you guys first.

We are near Cherokee NC - anyone else here. We saw a Montana in the campground...?

Thanks,

Annaoinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Manual leveling is just fine. But, are you sure you are really off level? Remember the ground isn't so you can't use that as a reference. A small level placed on a counter is usually best, but we judge things by how the bathroom and shower doors behave when we try to put them in a certain position and see if they stay or not. Of course, sometimes they don't put the bathroom door framing in absolutely vertical, aka plumb. As far as closet doors, I remember lots of reports of falling off, etc on the forum. Search archives for keyword closet doors and you should get lots of details. I remember some had to re-do hanging bar as well as changes to the tracks. Good luck. John
Old 06-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This has been going on for a very long time has anyone reported this to Keystone.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We found by using a level that different parts of our rig are not the same. We do the same as John and level using the bathroom door. We found that when it didn't move we felt like we were level. We then set our Level-up system to get us there everytime. In your Level-up manual it should explain how to do this (it's been too many years for me to be confident in what I remember) or call Lippert. Their customer service is usually very responsive. On the door issue, call Keystone Customer service and open a case. They may or may not want the pictures and then call the dealer and get an appointment to get it fixed.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
If you need to reset the leveling system just level it manually until you are satisfied. Then turn the leveling control panel off. Press the UP arrow 10 times and then the DOWN arrow 10 times. The display will show that the system is reset and that you should press Enter to set it. The system will turn off and you are done. Very Easy to do. Good Luck!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:57 AM   #6
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
If still under warranty I would have the dealer repair the doors. Our dealer had to renail all of our closet door trim within the first couple of months and then I had to completely re-do his fix a couple months later.

Also, the only sure way to keep those 4 panel bi-fold glass doors in place while traveling is to bungie them open. Or at least that is what we have found to be true.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:16 AM   #7
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
If still under warranty get it fixed by dealer, if not under warranty when you do fix it you will be helping Keystone stay "cost effective". We have read here on MOC that someone has installed additional tracks for the doors to slide on. We just bungie the doors open at the top when traveling with no more problems.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #8
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
We have a 2014 BS382RL and have the tracks at the bottom and have not had any problems with the doors remaining latched or falling off. Did Keystone had bottom tracks to the bedroom closet doors in late 2014? We have only towed it 3 times this year but never had problems with bedroom or shower tri-fold glass doors.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Karl beat me to it! Had the problem with the doors latched and separating and having the single bottom track replaced with a double track. The Beast is at the dealers as I type for the step recall/recall and a couple other things and they are installing the double track for me while it is there. I'll report on the outcome when I get it back and head out for the Central Plains Regional Rally coming up in two weeks.
As for the bedroom or shower doors no problems with ours. It's a 2013 model but with the updates that the 14's have. Keystone did change from the single rail to the double rail at the bottom on the 14's and I think have gone to a completely different closet door set up now!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:27 AM   #10
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Annaoinga

On our third trip in our new unit the bedroom closet doors were latched but they ripped apart and came loose from their tracks. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it covered under warranty? I took pictures - do I submit them to Keystone?

Also, after leveling and then putting the slides out and getting situated we noticed the RV is not level left to right - is it ok to adjust this manually with the level buttons? We were afraid of hurting the system without checking you guys first.

We are near Cherokee NC - anyone else here. We saw a Montana in the campground...?

Thanks,
We are close to Cherokee in Sevierville
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:11 AM   #11
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
had same issue with our 2014 3625re closet doors took it to the dealer and had it fixec 2 times the second time it took a while and keystone sent the wrong door, they finally got it in and my service guy called and said the door was in and done, before installing they made sure the trim had adequate fastners in it so far no problems
okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #12
Annaoinga
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15850
Thanks everyone!. We are going to try the bungee idea. I'll let Keystone know. I think I'll start a list. The doors have the double track on the bottom but the plastic slide doesn't seem to catch very well. I busted my knuckle good trying to force them into the tracks....

Thanks for the help with the leveling. Our bathroom door keeps floating open which makes me think we aren't level. We bought a little level and it shows we are off left to right. Thanks for the "shortcut" Scott & Sue. I'm going to try and reset it. Sounds easy enough!

Mike and Lorraine - you guys should come over for the festival! I think all the sites are gone but if you are close enough you could drive over and enjoy some great music and we'll throw something on the grill!

You guys are the best!!
Annaoinga is offline   Reply With Quote