Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #1
DebbnLadd
Established Member

M.O.C. #14514
Battery connection

Wondering if someone knows where the fuse is for the control panel on a 2014 Mountaineer 358RLT. Nothing is lighting up on the control panel even when running the truck - checked battery and fuse by battery. All connections there look good. It was fine a few days ago - now it's not. Battery switch key is turned to ON.

DebbnLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #2
DebbnLadd
Established Member

M.O.C. #14514
Volt meter shows battery is charged - around 12.8
Old 10-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Turn the battery switch key to OFF and try again. The labeling might use negative logic, that is, when the battery switch disconnect is ON, then the battery is disconnected and removes power to the interior of the coach including the control panel. Turning the key to OFF might reconnect the battery and give you power.

I am having a similar problem with my Montana but I don't have a "disconnect switch" so I will need to try other things. My eventual goal is to check the ground connection. I am not too much in a hurry to do so since I don't need power to the interior when I'm towing so I haven't checked it out. I have checked the battery and fuses and didn't find anything wrong yet.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
DebbnLadd
Established Member

M.O.C. #14514
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Turn the battery switch key to OFF and try again. The labeling might use negative logic, that is, when the battery switch disconnect is ON, then the battery is disconnected and removes power to the interior of the coach including the control panel. Turning the key to OFF might reconnect the battery and give you power.

I am having a similar problem with my Montana but I don't have a "disconnect switch" so I will need to try other things. My eventual goal is to check the ground connection. I am not too much in a hurry to do so since I don't need power to the interior when I'm towing so I haven't checked it out. I have checked the battery and fuses and didn't find anything wrong yet.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Not sure, but I think the battery switch key will only come out if the system is disconnected. Regardless of how it is labelled, if the switch key can't be removed, the batteries are connected.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
DebbnLadd
Established Member

M.O.C. #14514
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rohrmann

Not sure, but I think the battery switch key will only come out if the system is disconnected. Regardless of how it is labelled, if the switch key can't be removed, the batteries are connected.

Right. We tried removing the switch key but it's not moving so we know the battery is connected. Manual says if water pump is left on
and fresh water tank is empty it can either damage the water pump or a blown circuit could result. We did forget to turn off the pump and traveled for about an hour. We know the water pump is fine - so it must be a fuse somewhere.....but we have checked all the ones we can find.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
DebbnLadd
Established Member

M.O.C. #14514
Quote:

The switch key was on "ON" 2 days ago when everything was working fine so I don't think that's it. Thank you for your reply though!!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
DebbnLadd
Established Member

M.O.C. #14514
Quote:

Hope you get yours figured out also! I'm not too concerned either but DH is obsessing over it....lol