Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Another topic worth the read for you who carry

Hopefully this is not against forum policy. I post some of these articles because I know there are quit a few forum members who CCW or just carry in their camper and these are to just inform or remind us as we go about our daily routine.

http://www.usacarry.com/carrying-con..._source=normal

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
What the article does not address is many post offices are located in rented quarters, and therefore not technically Federal property.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
From something that happened when I was mayor, I was aware of that and also that if the lane made for dropping letters off is on the post office side instead of a part of the street it also is post office property and what happens there can turn into a federal offense. Up to the feds then if they want to prosecute, turn it over to the locals, or drop it altogether.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thank you for the heads up for those who did not know.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Allen,

Thank you for the info, always good to keep refreshed. As I always tell my DW, it is the individual, law abiding citizen that needs to keep abreast of both his surroundings and the laws, no matter where he or she is staying. Ignorance of the law is no excuse but unfortunately that does not apply to the one's who actively seek to break the law.

When traveling I always map out our route and check which states we will be going thru and their CCW laws on their website, even if we will be in the state for a mear 1 or 2 miles on a highway. I have pulled over many a times when approaching a "unfriendly" state such as IL, NY, NJ, MD, WI, etc. and put my friend away until safely back in a "friendly" state.

Les